Profile Picture

NAPA Hi Flow 170 Degree Thermostat

Posted By oldcarmark 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Paul but my trans is kinda from the land of misfits. A very reputable shop near me had a 1962 Thunderbird Cruise-O-Matic left for rebuilt by a guy I actually knew and was friends with. The shop suggested I replace my Ford-O with it and a deal was done. At the end the speedo became a problem no one remembered that the Ford-O went at the bottom on the tail housing and the Cruise-O at the top making it run backwards. Since they knew the tail housings were essentially the same; they it machined it for the larger yoke bushing and seal; no harm no fowl. A year and 1/2 later I replaced the rear end wanting a higher gear ratio, the speedo ran too slow for the nylon gears available, and the cable that the "bulb" crimped on the end. Driving at 50 on the speedo was actually 64. 

Here's where Texas Electrical Instruments comes in because they have countless adapters including the one which I purchased to not need a crimped "bulb" end,  but a 7/8" 18 standard speedo cable like newer Fords.. The cable and adapter are way less $$'s than looking to a GPS to cable conversion by Speed-Hut which was an option I was looking at doing. A new cable with correct ends is relatively inexpensive and a Speed O correction device/gearbox was supplied by the trans shop.   

Texas Electrical Instruments has a lot of connectors and supplies cars guys can use and I learned about the by talking to Rusty Speedometer Repair in Fountain Colorado. They both have websites.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter