Profile Picture

Anyone see this before?

Posted By MattsY Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Months Ago
As I'm readying my block for the machine shop I noticed this tag riveted to the side of the block. Anyone ever see this before and if so, anything hokey I should know about? Thank you for your expertise!
MattsY
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)Supercharged (85 reputation)

I did a little poking and found it might be a 1958 generator engine. I'm assuming not too much is different from a car engine.
1960fordf350
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

If it's industrial it may have some differences.   What connecting rods do you have?   What markings are on the crank.   Anything on a crank weight that looks like a $ ?   That would make it a forged crank.  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
That industrial tag was on my C2AE 292 block that I am building a 312 with. It was a generator setup also, with some odd motor mounts but handy nonetheless. It also had a weird pcv setup that I had never seen before.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

MattsY
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I don't remember seeing any symbol like that and I'm certain it's not a forged crank. I think it has CE or something stamped into it. I have C2AE rods. I have another post over in technical about the spun bearing. At this point it's pretty moot what the differences may be, but never the less, I'm curious.
LordMrFord
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I know one 272cid Industrial engine with tag around here.

Hyvinkää, FI
1960fordf350
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)Supercharged (231 reputation)

Any real info can be looked up at John Mummerts site.  HD truck engines used a drop forged crank and 312 rods.   The pistons had a different pin height.  So being moot don't count!!   Being careful and right is.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

MattsY
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

1960fordf350 (3/23/2019)
Any real info can be looked up at John Mummerts site.  HD truck engines used a drop forged crank and 312 rods.   The pistons had a different pin height.  So being moot don't count!!   Being careful and right is.

You sir are correct, being careful and right is of paramount importance! I made a statement without telling the whole story. The crank is an "EC" that is pretty badly damaged. The rods are C2AE and 2 have spun bearings, so I grabbed a 312 block, crank and rods from a friend with a pair of ECZ-G's for $500. I'm gonna turn the crank to the 292 mains, recon the rods, get a new set of slugs and run that setup.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter