Profile Picture

Triple Deuce 1955 Thunderbird

Posted By Florida_Phil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Why could you not use a PVC that connects in line with the hose? I know there are engines that use a PVC that screwed into the base of the carb with a hose running to the valve cover.
A 90* fitting in the valley cover short enough to clear the intake to connect to the PVC and then on to a carb should work.

LOL, I plead guilty and I know better.. I call the PVC like most people, but when researching a bit I rediscover that they are PCV valves and really have nothing to do with polution control. They are for crankcase ventilation. Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
Dave
Dave C
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

Doing a little searching I came across this as an idea.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Booster-Fitting-For-Vacuum-Pumps-3-8th-Inch-Hose-Unpolished-USA/202587184650?hash=item2f2b231e0a:g:OEUAAOSwVFlT3Zfs

Use this fitting (or one like it) in the valley pan, connect a hose from it to a pcv then hose from pcv to carb.
Problem solved.

Dave

Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
How do I plumb the PVC line into three Holley 94s?  There are ports in the manifold under full vacuum. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
You would need to drill and tap the manifold for a vacuum fitting or use a spacer with a vacuum fitting.  The ideal location for that is the center carb.

Lawrenceville, GA
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
If You are already tight for space height wise a Spacer won't work. Drill and Tap is the other Option.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
'49 bomb!
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)Supercharged (92 reputation)

I had an issue with finding extra
Vacuum ports for my trips setup.
I needed 4- ports. 1- brake booster.
2- pcv. 3- trans.4- distributor. I used
The port under ctr. And front carb.
I made a 4- way port of 1/2" copper
Very easy to solder....
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Dave C. It's not quite correct to say  a PCV setup has nothing to do with pollution control.  Along with providing  positive crankcase venting, it recirculates fumes thru the engines intake system, rather than venting them directly to the atmosphere..  

Paul
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
As "Mark" suggested, check to see if it's feasible to put a passenger car lower crank case breather canister or similar setup on the left side of  the block? U might have to shorten the downtube somewhat, maybe .? Or would it be feasible to grind the intake slightly to fit ?.. A PVC setup would be good normally, but with your 3 carb setup. it could get complicated.. 
P.S.- obviously Edelbrock never intended their Intake to be installed on Birds.. 

Paul
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

The biggest problem with running trips on a '55 TBird is hood clearance.  I was able to get them to work with screens in the carbs.  Most air cleaners wouldn't fit.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

My 56 is a factory open system. After driving in the garage it did have an oil odor. At idle at a signal I could also smell it. I put an oil breather cap with a 1/2” hose fitting on it and the other end into the bottom of the air cleaner with a 90* PVC fitting aiming at the front of the carb. No more smell and the side breather is still there is never wet or drips. I clean it at every oil change.
I’m sure I’m helping the environment.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter