Profile Picture

55 Ford fairlane engine mount

Posted By Robin272 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello.

Have anyone here changed engine mounts lately on 54 - 58 passenger car? I just ordered a set too my 55 Ford 272. The New one i got is almost a inch offset compared too the old ones. So the engine will not bolt too the transmission. Have anyone experienced this before ? I can take som picture to show, if you dont understand me 👍
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Are they facing the right way? "Open" Side of the Mount faces backwards. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

I have compared them side too side on the bench. Aligning the holes (Block side) with each other and mounts facing same direction you can se that the bolts on the frame side are offset. I will take a picture and post later! Many years ago when i first rebuilded the engine, i also bought a new set engine mounts. This is where i get the not aligning with transmission part from. Back then i just put the old mounts back on and the problem where kinda solved. I am pretty Shure they where facing the right way. I just bought a new set, and was hoping the "new" ones i bougt many years ago was just a bad manufacter batch.
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Turn them around.  Sounds like you have them on backwards.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
you dont by any chance have a set for a 223
Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

What is the difference too 223 ?
Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I know the 223 is a inline 6 engine. What i mean is, if you compared a 223 and 272 mount side by side, what would be different. The inline 6 would be longer, so i guess the engine would be moved more toward the radiator. Are the bracket that are welded to frame different from a 6 and V8 car ? 223 Crown Victoria would probably be rather rare ?
darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
if you put v8 mounts on a 6 the engine moves forward.so a 6 on the 8 will move the engine back.
Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Reading This Topic

Site Meter