Profile Picture

56 Wagon Leaf Springs, Best Source?

Posted By Jwawhite 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Car appears to sag now, leaf springs may be wearing out.
Would like a source that sells all items needed for replacement, springs, ubolts, bushings...
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
What's your location?  Shipping all that stuff can be expensive..

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Here is the original vendor to FORD-

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/

When did you put those wheels on? Looks Good!

62bigwindow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Is there a spring shop in your area? They will have everything you need.

Durham Missouri
Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If your old springs are not totally destroyed consider having them re-arched by a QUALITY spring shop. The original
steel will be much better than any replacement spring. They car also add leaves if you want. I had the rear springs re arched on my Tbird
about 25 years ago and I recommend it over replacement springs. Pete
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Is Eaton Detroit Spring worth the cost?  They seem to be 2 to 2.5 times the price of the competition.  I know you tend to get what you pay for but that difference is tough to justify.

Lawrenceville, GA
DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've re-arched many springs using a 1' section of railroad with a grade 8 bolt shank welded on an edge and a 5# Sledge hammer. Takes a little time but with the springs off, less than a day. I've found doing just the bottom 3 leaves (shortest ones) will give me what I'm looking for.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Charlie, Big road trucks have their springs re-arched. As far as cost for quality THATS YOUR CALL. Pete
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
"Is Eaton Detroit Spring worth the cost?  They seem to be 2 to 2.5 times the price of the competition.  I know you tend to get what you pay for but that difference is tough to justifyIs Eaton Detroit Spring worth the cost?  They seem to be 2 to 2.5 times the price of the competition.  I know you tend to get what you pay for but that difference is tough to justifyIs Eaton Detroit Spring worth the cost?  They seem to be 2 to 2.5 times the price of the competition.  I know you tend to get what you pay for but that difference is tough to justify"

Charlie,

It depends on the car and the owners desire/financial ability to make it as correct or better when it left the gate.

Me, I am very particular and have to have the best available, especially if HI-PO.. I had big trucks. I never had them re-arched. Cheaper and quicker to order them and install to keep the truck on the road. You are trying to re-temper fatigued metal and in no-way would I use Chineseium or NO-BRAND, even on a piece of junk.

Now that is my opinion only. Your mileage (and preference) may vary.

Please don't blast me as the above is IMO.

paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I bought a set of rear springs from another supplier for my 64 Fairlane.  No problems.  Unfortunately, I don't have their information any more.  As mentioned above, if you have a local spring shop they may be able to get springs for you.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter