Profile Picture

BIRDS FRONT BRAKE SHOES

Posted By paul2748 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Paul, 1 min on Google

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Delco-Brake-Shoe-Sets-2-Wheel-Set-Front-or-Rear-New-LTD-Sedan-17263R/132141955970?epid=1669238359&hash=item1ec4463b82%3Ag%3Ad3EAAOSwE8Vb5Uf7&fits=Year%3A1956%7CModel%3AThunderbird%7CMake%3AFord

Pete
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
????? 

Pete - I appreciate your responding to my question, but I don't understand how they apply to my question

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
"What are the differences between the TBird 55/56 front brake shoes and the TBird 57 brake shoes.  I see listing this way.  Size?  I don
t have any reference to see if the size of the 57 shoes are different.  I know 56's are 2 1/4 x 11

Paul"

I am sorry about confusing you but your original question was confusing.

FORD varied the size of the linings between the PASS CAR and BIRD to achieve proper brake bias using the same style foundation brakes on both cars to save money.

The lining sizes are described fully in the appropriate year SHOP MANUAL. I have one (57) but it is still packed away somewhere. The MPC does not give the sizes.

On the 55/56 cars, there were three lining sizes depending on car type. All were 11" but had different lining sizes on the same shoe. It sounds like what you have is either for a PASS CAR or WAGON.

If my scanner worked, I would post the 55/56 chart to show the sizing chart.

Sorry about that ...

Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Paul, I am sorry I was so cryptic. On the link I posted the brake shoes AC=Delco in the center have a link. Are these compatible
with my car?. You fill it out and see. Then call up NAPA and order them. Go look at them. AND that's your answer. Pete
Sandbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Found this in my 57 Ford and Thunderbird Shop Manual

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f3af21e2-60d3-4b49-b282-7585.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

There you go-

Problem solved.

Now that chart shows SPEC for a factory issued car. Most likely, aftermarket and even OEM service replacement shoes will vary. It all depends on manufacturer and time period.

If a set of shoes boxed, you would I.D. by manufacturer and part number (may have been superseded)..

57RancheroJim
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Sandbird (12/2/2018)
Found this in my 57 Ford and Thunderbird Shop Manual

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f3af21e2-60d3-4b49-b282-7585.jpg
That is the info I already posted at the beginning of the post..

Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Paul, I think the reason the answers you got being all over the map is YOUR
OWN FAULT. 
The question you asked was anything but clear and so open-ended that a lot of
the people who tried to give you an answer had to assume from your question
something entirely different from what you wanted to know. Please remember this is the internet
and I do not even know what color your car is. Pete

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

57RancheroJim Posted -

"That is the info I already posted at the begging of the post."

Only partially Jim.

Sandbird showed the SIZING CHART with all 57 CAR foundation brake dimensions. It makes a much easier task of what the the OP's original question was (once we realized what the question was)

Sorry Paul, just had to get that zinger in there ... Wink.

O
57RancheroJim
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
KULTULZ (12/2/2018)
57RancheroJim Posted -

"That is the info I already posted at the begging of the post."

Only partially Jim.

Sandbird showed the SIZING CHART with all 57 CAR foundation brake dimensions. It makes a much easier task of what the the OP's original question was (once we realized what the question was)

Sorry Paul, just had to get that zinger in there ... Wink.
Sorry I don't see where the info I posted from the same 57 shop manual is any different, a picture doesn't change it.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter