Profile Picture

ECL-B Heads wanted

Posted By Brent 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am in search of a set of ECL-B heads.

I have a single 471 and lots of C1TE heads to trade with, if interested. Add to that C1TE and EBU rods, 292 cranks and cams,  timing and valley covers, 2 and 4 manifolds and carbs.

.150 Stroked Y-Block:327.25 ci @ >1hp per ci
carl
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 28 minutes ago
what is your location.  Carl
Brent
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)Supercharged (392 reputation)

Hello Carl,

I'm in Brookings, OR  97415

NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Brent.  Unless you are seeking to make your car as original as possible, I'd recommend using a set of ECZ-G or 5752-113 cylinder heads.  That said, the ECZ-C heads you have are decent in terms of combustion chamber size (compression ratio) and street performance (drive-ability).  Just sayin' . . .

This stuff is getting sooo old, that most people looking at your engine won't even know what it is, let alone whether the heads are the 'correct year' or 'original application'.  The fact that you've got the correct species of engine makes the car noteworthy.  Unless you go to a C.T.C.I. meet, so many 'Birds have had other engines stuffed in them whether they be Ford small blocks, FEs, or other makes. 

Compression ratio makes a lot of difference in stop-and-go driving and engine torque in accelerating to pass or speed-up on a highway entrance ramp.  In rebuilding these engines, most of us are using the newer composite gaskets which seal better and stay sealed, but their thickness reduces compression ratio by increasing the effective combustion chamber volume.  Remember, too, that the manufacturers' ADVERTISED compression ratios AND horsepower figures from back-in the-day were theoretical calculations not measured or verified by anyone.  w00t

IF you haven't seen it, click the link below to view John Mummert's info on y-block head specs.
http://www.ford-y-block.com/cylinderheadchart.htm

Food for thought . . .   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Brent
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for the input!

RE: CR - John's chart confuses me. the 113 and ECZ-C show identical CR with 10cc domed pistons.
http://www.ford-y-block.com/forgpiststk.htm
the head chart @ ford-y-block.com/cylinderheadchart.htm shows 8.4 vs 8.8 CR
There is a lot to consider when concocting a recipe for hp.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/69da1612-253e-4b44-8614-eaf5.png

Brent
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Charlie,

What happened to the valuable info you had posted? I had planned to study after the game is over.

NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Brent.  Apologies for pulling that down. I totally missed what you had posted regarding the chart from John Mummert and had gone off in the weeds thinking you were misunderstanding some information on the Mummert chart I had previously posted.

Let's go at this a bit differently.

What are you looking to put together to power your '55 'Bird?  Are you trying to go with a rebuilt stock engine or something warmed over?  Are you going to go with the Merc automatic transmission or standard transmission?  What did your 'Bird have originally?

Charlie

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Brent
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Charlie!

I am keeping together the parts for a concourse '55 bird, that's where the ECK will end up, if that happens. I drove this bird 32 years ago and decided I was going to do a body off resto after I dinged it up. Well here I am planning to build an engine for the street first. I just got word that that the B9AE I hoped to build will not clean up where we want it. I will haul a virgin C1TE to the shop next week for sonic test. I am learning from every bit of information that you guys share. The part where you mentioned the aftermarket skirted pistons was valuable info. All of the information that you had posted is relevant and informative.

THANKS!

NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Are you thinking just boring a 292 OR are you considering putting a 312 crank in to the 292 also?

Charlie

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Brent
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

John's 331 stroker kit is on the menu, thinking 3.81" - 3.83" bore, 312 - 317 ci. 350 hp, pump gas. I have to run.

Thanks again!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter