Profile Picture

Fordomatic interchange question

Posted By Shaggy 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have a fordomatic off a lincoln y-block and a guy that is interested in buying it for an 8ba flathead. I know the torque converter and bellhousing is different, otherwise will it fit?
Lou
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
What year Lincoln? ~AS far as I know Lincoln did not use Ford-O-Matic.
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
it's on a '56 368, or atleast that's what ive been told. I havent ran the numbers personally. The transmission looks like a fordomatic, it has the same castings in the main case. I havent scraped the grease off the tag to see what it says yet
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
That trans is the large case FOM, but it will still bolt to a flathead FOM bellhousing.  The case is slightly longer than the flathead unit, and the rear yoke is probably bigger.  I don't think the flathead converter will fit because of different input shaft sizes/splines.  Swapping the input shafts and front pumps will make it fit, but that is a complete teardown of both transmissions.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter