Profile Picture

Fordomatic interchange question

Posted By Shaggy Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a fordomatic off a lincoln y-block and a guy that is interested in buying it for an 8ba flathead. I know the torque converter and bellhousing is different, otherwise will it fit?
Lou
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
What year Lincoln? ~AS far as I know Lincoln did not use Ford-O-Matic.
Shaggy
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)Supercharged (314 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
it's on a '56 368, or atleast that's what ive been told. I havent ran the numbers personally. The transmission looks like a fordomatic, it has the same castings in the main case. I havent scraped the grease off the tag to see what it says yet
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 56 seconds ago
That trans is the large case FOM, but it will still bolt to a flathead FOM bellhousing.  The case is slightly longer than the flathead unit, and the rear yoke is probably bigger.  I don't think the flathead converter will fit because of different input shaft sizes/splines.  Swapping the input shafts and front pumps will make it fit, but that is a complete teardown of both transmissions.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter