Profile Picture

Ebay

Posted By mongo 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I really hate ebay , the way they treat their long time sellers.  On the other hand , any time I put yblock parts on ebay , the bidders come out of the woodwork . I put a 4 barrel intake on , it's up to $202  . This 312 , I am selling off , one piece at a time.  Next will be the tbird valve covers

Po ol Davie

Sparta , Tn.

paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
ebay is a good place to sell if you have people interested in what your selling.  Another place that seems to be good for selling is the Facebook sites for Yblocks.  I have  sold a bunch of parts through two yblock Facebook sites that I read regularily.  No fees.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

mongo (4/17/2018)
I really hate ebay , the way they treat their long time sellers.  On the other hand , any time I put yblock parts on ebay , the bidders come out of the woodwork . I put a 4 barrel intake on , it's up to $202  . This 312 , I am selling off , one piece at a time.  Next will be the tbird valve covers

I agree that Ebay seems to forget that without Sellers they would not be in Business. I have a "Store" on Ebay. I sell Shop Manuals, Parts Catalogs, Collectibles and other Automobilia. For Me being able to run a Business from Home with really no Overhead has been very successful. There are other similar Sites but none come close to potential Customer Base. If there was another real Alternative with the same Potential Ebay would lose a great # of Buyers and Sellers.  Lookup my Store. Google  Marks Automotive Literature.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
darrell
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
you really have to watch  ebay by times as well.a small part for 20.00 that you can put in your pocket and they try to nail you 50.00 to ship it.their hoping you dont look close.a lot of junk as well.selling stuff like 312 mains that are 292.sometimes they dont know the difference.its buyer beware.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 54 minutes ago
ebay really made a mistake when they started taking a fee from sellers that was a percentage of the SHIPPING cost that the seller had to charge... for guys who sell heavy vintage iron the market was drained. The last few years have been horrible for buyers as far as what is actually available and up for bid on eBay when it comes to all vintage engines and/or other parts. Most buyers do not understand what it takes to be a 5 star seller on eBay.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

DANIEL TINDER
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

My experience has been just the opposite. High-volume sellers get special consideration from eBay management. I have had neg. feedback I gave to rude/unscrupulous sellers cancelled by their request (I was never consulted) merely because they pay high fees over time. Occasional buyers like myself who generate minimal revenue have very little leverage when the chips are down.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
DANIEL TINDER
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Another point of view re: shipping especially heavy/bulky items:
Internet shoppers have become so used to ‘free shipping’ (as common a marketing technique now as the venerable ‘$99.95’ vs. ‘$100’), I wonder if many buyers might actually overestimate the real shipping cost? While initiating a percentage fee may well have now suppressed the inflated shipping gimmic to some extent, I imagine some buyers might routinely skip over listings that don’t offer ‘free shipping’? Since eBay search perimeter options now include ‘lowest price including shipping’, I am tempted to offer free shipping whenever I list something I want to sell, since the initial offering price now seems less important (?).

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
.When I am looking for something on ebay, I always check shipping costs in conjunction with the item price (if buy it now) and those offering free shipping.

I find a lot sellers that have a real low price have very costly shipping costs.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Paul there s no such thing as "Free" Shipping unless there is another Postal System I am not aware of. My Items have calculated shipping based on Postal Code or Zip. Why should someone in BC Canada pay the same cost as Someone in Florida?  "Free"  Shipping is built into the Listed Price. You just don't see it.. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I just bought something today with "free" shipping.  It was the lowest price on eBay, period.  Couldn't find it anywhere else for less even before shipping.  I've bought many things like that, cheap stuff, too, under $10.00.
I don't know how they do it, but somehow people must make it profitable - probably simple economy of scale, buy a lot of product for pennies on the dollar and the more you ship, the better your shipping rates.  

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter