Profile Picture

1955 ford fairlane radio Question?ing my a

Posted By Melly 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
When removing my 55 radio which was not connected.  I noticed on driver side of radio a Black wire with fuse link, and also a white wire. I figure the black wire goes to Battery.  Have know idea where the White wire would connect to.  Any help on what this white wire is and where it would connect to?  
Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Probably the wire for lighting the radio dial and that would hook up to the instrument lights.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Melly
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)Supercharged (582 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I thought of that, and makes sense.  My old memory seems to think the radio light up when turned on.  Can't seem to find where it might have been connected on my org. harness. And have no way to test, as was converted to 12v.  Maybe I will try Battery charger on 6v.  thanks  
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The light wire to the radio is usually a small diameter wire. If you have a simple circuit tester just turn on the lights and see if the small one has power. Done!

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter