Profile Picture

Rear main

Posted By Aaron 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I know theres been threads about rear main leaks but when I want to re read them I don't find them.
I'm just about ready to give a truck back to the customer after  a restoration and the rear main decided to leak more than a drip or two,its a 312 with a fresh overhaul it had a rope in it the first go round, that leaked just on start up and I didn't like the road draft tube so I got the valley cover from John with the pcv set up in it and a best seal for the rear main, installed all of that and its been so so the rear would drip a little,I took it on a 100 mile road trip last week and it seemed to quit, bitchen, till today 4 inch puddle on the floor,I'm wondering about the pcv valve I believe I have the number written in the parts book if that could be a problem or just go back underneath and put another seal, any tips on what to do.

Thanks  Aaron

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Rear main By Aaron ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post At the Top of of the Page click on Links. Click on Ted Eaton... By oldcarmark ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thankyou I used the black seal when I put one in and did it per best... By Aaron ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post The PCV valve could be contributing to the problem. Most of the... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post i recently had what i thought a rear seal on a fresh 292. TURNED OUT... By 2721955meteor ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have an idea. Why not put the oil pump inside the pan? I guess... By Florida_Phil ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Gents, I did check pan bolts but do need to look between pan... By Aaron ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Looks to be the seal with the flywheel cover off I have oil flinging... By Aaron ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post 20w50 By LordMrFord ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Shell Rotella 15W40 which still has sufficient Zinc in it to not... By oldcarmark ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I used the same oil but Ted keeps warning that the newest... By paul2748 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I've always had a concern about diesel oil detergents being too harsh... By Dobie ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post The retainer should have studs and the threads need thread sealer.... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post .Good advice - I looked up Castro GTX 20-50 and the data sheets... By paul2748 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post dello 400 is for diesel engines,with use low sulphur fuel. . use a 10... By 2721955meteor ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post Read and copied Ted's directions and made a ph call, got a real... By Aaron ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have used Amsoil Synthetic 10-40 for many years without any issues.... By Rono ( 6 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter