Profile Picture

Going to do an engine swap.

Posted By the human wrench 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
No, I did not get an email about the engine mount.

Miracle Engine Rebuilders
"If it runs, It's a Miracle!"
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
I have a Hurst front mount for a hot rod conversion if you are interested. $100 plus shipping from New Hampshire or I can bring it to the Nationals in June.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
the human wrench
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)

If I decide to go ahead and do this I will buy your Hurst mount.

the human wrench
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

56 Roger, first off thank you for the compliment on installing the "communist" engine. Yes, I put that in there. I too am a long time Ford man. My uncle had a Ford dealership in West Branch, Iowa from the early 50s until somewhere in the late 90s. Ford wanted them to go all computerized and they sold out instead. Starting in 1956 I got promo cars for every birthday and Christmas and in the 60s when I got old enough I worked there some in the summer washing cars and undercoating them. You can imagine how cool it was to be around all those new Fords. I will never forget that 60s new car smell. I also worked there as a mechanic for awhile after a little vacation in Viet Nam. I have always been over opinionated about my distaste for the bowtie brand and have championed FoMoCo, but when I bought this 39 the flathead was stuck worse than any engine I have ever seen considering the car was in a barn (yes, it is an actual barn find) with the air cleaner on it and the hood closed. It was way too easy to get the parts to do the conversion. And, not being really up to date on these things I didn't realize that now folks are taking out the older engines and installing LS engines in everything. So while your advice is noted and appreciated I have endured all I can of my buddys getting mileage at my discomfort when they can't wait to bring up the abortion under the hood. After owning a couple of 428 CJ Mustangs (when they were just cars) and no telling how many other 390s and 460 cars and right now having a 31 Model A Hot Rod pickup with a 428 PI and a toploader I also can't bring myself to put a small block Ford engine in either. So Gentlemen that is how we got here on the Y Block forums. 

MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Email your address and I'll get the exact shipping. chuck3eagles@comcast.net

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
56Roger
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Wrench: Now knowing your story go ahead and do whatever you want to do. You know what you're in for. 

Yes the 50s and 60's were the pinnacle for new cars and everything that went with the new car scene. Has never been the same since. I'm glad I was there to see it.  

the human wrench
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Yeah Roger those days are over. Before I went in the service when we drag raced is was class racing and new cars were cool and fast. When I got out cars sucked and "drag racing" was bracket racing. Like you, glad I was there to enjoy the good times. 

junkyardjeff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I will have to watch this as I would like to put a 292 in a real 40 one day,I have put a couple in the 1/25 scale versions.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
the human wrench
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Well, here is a little update. I wound up selling the '39 and saved myself a lot of work changing engines. I have re-invested the funds in a '56 Mercury wagon, so I'm sure I will probably need some Y-Block advice somewhere down the road. 

56Roger
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)Supercharged (107 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago

Ahh, good sense prevails.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter