Profile Picture

Engine swap idea

Posted By ron_s14 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (11 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Before anyone shoots me, just hear me out.
I bought an engine on Facebook on a whim. Previous owner (and me included) did not know what engine it was. I thought it was a Pontiac from the light blue color. Anyway I bought it and brought it home and did some research and found out it was a 1962 Y Block 292. Cool!

Now I am trying to sell it since I really have nothing to put it in. But I have been thinking about swapping it into a more modern vehicle.
Like I said... don't shoot me.
But I was thinking about dropping it in my 94 Ranger and getting rid of the old 2.3. This truck has been slightly customized by the previous owner with air ride and a custom bed and all that good stuff. It is a lowrider. 
I was thinking about making it a v8 lowrider because I am thinking it might be a neat project. More than likely I won't do it because of my financial limitations.
However, this gives me some fun ideas to think about while at work.
So i guess this post is more of an idea and a conversation starter.

Also if you are interested, the engine is for sale in the classified ads on this site.
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
It wouldn't be the first time someone put a Y in a newer vehicle.  It would be a lot different than the typical V8 conversions in a Ranger so it would be neat.

Lawrenceville, GA
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
A Y-block in a Ranger would be interesting, but.. unless you are really into doing difficult swaps, I wouldn't recommend it. One that might be a tad less difficult & a lighter more compact package, would be a Ford small block, 289-302 and so on. You might be able to get info on a swap like that.. The other thing is that a 60s 292 (which may need rebuilding for a start) likely has the poorest heads etc.     

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter