Profile Picture

Emblem's

Posted By Aaron 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have looked at the repop dealers and here and there for an emblem for the 312 Y block and haven't found any, for some reason I thought there was an emblem for those,maybe I'm wrong, is there such a thing and where would I get them.

Thanks.
Rowen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Only if it got the optional Thunderbird "cast" valve covers. That emblem is cast in. All others only got decals.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Try ebay.  I put in 312 emblem and Y Block emblem and got a number of items - maybe something you may be interested in.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I’ve got to ask. Was there ever a “312” emblem? Not the cast bird covers, or the decals, but an actual external emblem or valve cover decal. All I remember is the “Y” emblem on the fender. Of course, there’s a lot I don’t remember now, but I’m still pretty good about the 50’s stuff.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Nope, either the "Y" V8 fender emblem or the thunderbird fender emblem. All valve cover emblems were decals.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Sandbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)Supercharged (353 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
They did use "Thunderbird Special" decals on the valve covers of 312 engines. 
Aaron
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)Normally aspirated (41 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks guys, I was thinking along the lines of the scrub V 327 emblem, I'll check e bay.
 I just finished a 56 C600 2 ton and it has a 312 in it,I know it didn't come from the fact with it, but it needed to be gone thru and yes it is a 312, with an orginal set of alum Bird valve covers but I was thinking a 312 emblem on the side of the cowl would be neat, maybe a little pinstripe work would do the trick.
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
No Ford truck from the factory ever came with a 312.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Rowen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have a friend who took two thunderbird 55-57 hood emblems and flattened them out, drilled two holes in a (pair) chrome valve cover and with a couple rubber grommets attached them. Looks pretty kool, it was done 40+ years ago. Just a thought. Perhaps you could do the same and attach those to your hood...?

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
ian57tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: Last Week
Good luck flattening out the emblem in front of the hood, they're diecast. The acrylic insert could be heated in the oven but you would have to be careful with the Thunderbird script and the colour that is on the back.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter