Emblem's

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic134897.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Aaron - 6 Years Ago
I have looked at the repop dealers and here and there for an emblem for the 312 Y block and haven't found any, for some reason I thought there was an emblem for those,maybe I'm wrong, is there such a thing and where would I get them.

Thanks.
By Rowen - 6 Years Ago
Only if it got the optional Thunderbird "cast" valve covers. That emblem is cast in. All others only got decals.
By paul2748 - 6 Years Ago
Try ebay.  I put in 312 emblem and Y Block emblem and got a number of items - maybe something you may be interested in.
By miker - 6 Years Ago
I’ve got to ask. Was there ever a “312” emblem? Not the cast bird covers, or the decals, but an actual external emblem or valve cover decal. All I remember is the “Y” emblem on the fender. Of course, there’s a lot I don’t remember now, but I’m still pretty good about the 50’s stuff.
By Rowen - 6 Years Ago
Nope, either the "Y" V8 fender emblem or the thunderbird fender emblem. All valve cover emblems were decals.
By Sandbird - 6 Years Ago
They did use "Thunderbird Special" decals on the valve covers of 312 engines. 
By Aaron - 6 Years Ago
Thanks guys, I was thinking along the lines of the scrub V 327 emblem, I'll check e bay.
 I just finished a 56 C600 2 ton and it has a 312 in it,I know it didn't come from the fact with it, but it needed to be gone thru and yes it is a 312, with an orginal set of alum Bird valve covers but I was thinking a 312 emblem on the side of the cowl would be neat, maybe a little pinstripe work would do the trick.
By paul2748 - 6 Years Ago
No Ford truck from the factory ever came with a 312.
By Rowen - 6 Years Ago
I have a friend who took two thunderbird 55-57 hood emblems and flattened them out, drilled two holes in a (pair) chrome valve cover and with a couple rubber grommets attached them. Looks pretty kool, it was done 40+ years ago. Just a thought. Perhaps you could do the same and attach those to your hood...?
By ian57tbird - 6 Years Ago
Good luck flattening out the emblem in front of the hood, they're diecast. The acrylic insert could be heated in the oven but you would have to be careful with the Thunderbird script and the colour that is on the back.
By Aaron - 6 Years Ago
Thanks, nothing worthwhile on e bay.
As the 312's didn't come out in big trucks I was a pretty learly of it being a 312 at all, the owner was told it was one and under the seat was an invoice from a Ford dealership for what could have been a long block,just because it had Bird valve covers doesn't mean it is a 312, it ran good but lot of blow by on the shop floor, so in pulling it down it was found it was a 312, hone and ring,new rockers,installed hard vale seats,newer dist to go with the 4 barrel,and a Mummert valley cover with a pcv valve,all new bearings and back in business, big improvement from a 272 to a 312

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/70307821-de5c-447f-9b81-8ce9.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f49fdc0d-286e-4d1d-baa7-7100.jpg
By Rowen - 6 Years Ago
WOW!! Very nice indeed!!