Profile Picture

Overdrive emblem fitment

Posted By Rowen 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Anyone here know if the "pin" locations on a overdrive emblem are the same as a fordomatic emblem on a 55 Fairlane deck lid? With the T5 going in, it seems appropriate.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
NoShortcuts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rowen.  My immediate reaction was, 'No!'  Two seconds later I thought, 'Hmmmm . . . that's a GooD question.'
They must have had some type of a fixture or template used when drilling those holes in the correct location AND it would be a time saver to have one guide for all trunk mounted emblems.

I'll be interested to hear the answer to your question!   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Rowen
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Charlie, I got responses over on the Barn and both said that the "F" hole will be open. The rest fit. I just naught one off e-bay that will match my patina and I have an idea for the "extra" hole.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Shaggy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
"They must have had some type of a fixture or template used when drilling those holes in the correct location AND it would be a time saver to have one guide for all trunk mounted emblems."

There are paper templates that dealers had for dealer installed options, i have a number of them for early 50's fords. I doubt i have that one since it isnt something that would be dealer installed

Reading This Topic

Site Meter