Overdrive emblem fitment

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic134693.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Rowen - 6 Years Ago
Anyone here know if the "pin" locations on a overdrive emblem are the same as a fordomatic emblem on a 55 Fairlane deck lid? With the T5 going in, it seems appropriate.
By NoShortcuts - 6 Years Ago
Rowen.  My immediate reaction was, 'No!'  Two seconds later I thought, 'Hmmmm . . . that's a GooD question.'
They must have had some type of a fixture or template used when drilling those holes in the correct location AND it would be a time saver to have one guide for all trunk mounted emblems.

I'll be interested to hear the answer to your question!   Smile
By Rowen - 6 Years Ago
Charlie, I got responses over on the Barn and both said that the "F" hole will be open. The rest fit. I just naught one off e-bay that will match my patina and I have an idea for the "extra" hole.
By Shaggy - 6 Years Ago
"They must have had some type of a fixture or template used when drilling those holes in the correct location AND it would be a time saver to have one guide for all trunk mounted emblems."

There are paper templates that dealers had for dealer installed options, i have a number of them for early 50's fords. I doubt i have that one since it isnt something that would be dealer installed