Profile Picture

2 barrel to 4 barrel on stock 272 do it or not

Posted By Melly 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
My Summit 750VS carb box has assembled in USA on the label.  Nothing in or on the box or on the carburetor body states made in China.  Same for my 500VS.  I checked my Quick Fuel Carb boxes, and they have printed on them, Assembled and tested in USA.  My Edelbrock boxes have Made in USA on them.  Joe-JDC

JDC
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Surfing the net, it confirmed what I already knew; at least some of Holley's carburetors are MADE in CHINA. That surely must include Holley carburetors that do not bare the Holley name. 

At least 10 years ago, I ordered a pair of Red Wing hiking boots. I wanted a quality pair of American-made boots, and they seemingly fit the bill. When they arrived, the box said, "Made in America with Imported Materials." I was perplexed because we have lots of cows in America; we don't need to import them. 

Anytime you read, "Assembled in America," it's a pretty clear indication that the components were not made in America and likely made in China. 

There are manufacturing plants in other countries, including China, that are equal/superior to what we have here at home. Some of those manufacturers have American investors. In some cases, the quality is equal to/greater than what is made here, and it's cheaper. We can argue that if American consumers were willing to pay more, more products would be manufactured here. However, paying more will not necessarily assure you're getting a better product or that the workers who made it are being paid a living wage. Instead, the profits are just/more likely to line the pockets of corporate executives and investors. Isn't that the American way and has been since the industrial revolution of the 19th century?
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
My Summit 750VS carb box has assembled in USA on the label.

ASSEMBLED is the key word. Nothing states where cast and/or machined.

Same on RED WINGS here. Had a pair for years that felt like moccasins. Finally blew out. Go to official RED WING OUTLET STORE and pick up a pair - MADE IN CHINA.

Ask the guy (store owner) and he says they are cut out up north then shipped to CHINA for assembly. Says no one up there wants to work sewing boots together. Maybe pay a decent wage and you will find help. So what do I do? Buy the things and they killed my feet. Bought next pair from WALLY-WORLD. If I have to wear CHI-COM JUMP BOOTS made from yak skin, no reason to pay the big bucks for a name.

Anyone remember some years back when EDEL was casting intakes in CHINA? That caused an uproar.

Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
I talked with the Techie (actual name with held) at Summit and with a little bit of tracking on his end, the Summit 4010 line of carbs are not only assembled in the U.S.A., they are now cast in the U.S.A..  That’s probably the reason I no longer see made in Mexico on the newer boxes.  He did mention that Holley is not associated with producing this particular carburetor that has the Summit badging.  If that’s the case, Holley is either leasing the rights to produce this carb to someone else or has sold off the rights to it.  It would take some additional sleuthing to root this out.

I suggested to the Summit techie that the labeling should be changed to say Made in U.S.A. but that can only take place if 100% of the parts within the carb are made in the U.S.A.  If there is something as simple as a cover screw that’s imported, then a MADE IN U.S.A. claim is not allowed.  That’s where the ‘Assembled in U.S.A.’ comes into play.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The Summit 500 I ordered at the beginning of February is ready to ship from Georgia. Arrival is stated for Monday March 1st. I looked on line and there was 1 left. None when I ordered. Sounds like they are finishing them as needed. I’ll at least take the top off from what I’ve read here.
Not sure when I’ll put it on, the dual quads are fine right now but since the PCV system I’ve had to tinker more in the last month than I did in 5 years with them. It will go on the Blue Thunder I have and I’ll try to use it with an original 56 air cleaner I’ve gutted. I’ll want it low to hide most of the new carb.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
yblock57
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Ted (2/22/2021)
I talked with the Techie (actual name with held) at Summit and with a little bit of tracking on his end, the Summit 4010 line of carbs are not only assembled in the U.S.A., they are now cast in the U.S.A..  That’s probably the reason I no longer see made in Mexico on the newer boxes.  He did mention that Holley is not associated with producing this particular carburetor that has the Summit badging.  If that’s the case, Holley is either leasing the rights to produce this carb to someone else or has sold off the rights to it.  It would take some additional sleuthing to root this out.

I suggested to the Summit techie that the labeling should be changed to say Made in U.S.A. but that can only take place if 100% of the parts within the carb are made in the U.S.A.  If there is something as simple as a cover screw that’s imported, then a MADE IN U.S.A. claim is not allowed.  That’s where the ‘Assembled in U.S.A.’ comes into play.

Very encouraging to hear. Glad some things are coming back to the USA. Thanks for getting this info!

Kent — Round Rock, TX
'56 F-100  | '56 Crown Vic  |  '57 Fairlaine 500  |  '57 Thunderbird

Reading This Topic

Site Meter