Where else can I buy one of these? re: intake choke filter

Posted By 56_Fairlane 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Where else can I buy one of these? re: intake choke filter

Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It's called a CHOKE TUBE MUSHROOM BUTTON for a B manifold.
[​IMG]

I've seen them at NPD but it sounds like shipping will cost more than the price or the part. Does anyone else sell them with a more reasonable price for shipping?

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
56_Fairlane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Never mind. I found one with help from another member. Thanks anyway.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
PF Arcand
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
On this subject.. I've wondered exactly what that button does?. Is it just a plug for the end of the heat tube, or is it intended to let a bit of air into the tube?

Paul
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Paul:

It lets air in.  Supplied heat to the automatic choke.  Unfiltered air, what were the engineers thinking?

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Unless a dedicated restoration, the 56 setup allows for fresh air source.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a4f6891e-11e2-484e-94bd-a728.jpg

56_Fairlane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I also had to replace the tube noted as 9890 in the diagram.
The 2100 carb shown confuses things a bit if trying to reference the diagram for a 56.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
56_Fairlane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hoosier Hurricane (1/26/2018)
Paul:

It lets air in.  Supplied heat to the automatic choke.  Unfiltered air, what were the engineers thinking?

None of the air enters the carb for the fuel/air mix.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

56_Fairlane (2/3/2018)

Hoosier Hurricane (1/26/2018)
Paul:

None of the air enters the carb for the fuel/air mix.

It is drawn by manifold vacuum through the choke mechanism and does affect air/fuel ratio. The carb is (was) calibrated at the factory for the extra air ingestion.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/97c3da8e-538e-4651-975f-92b7.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82341015-d36b-4c30-b21e-f31c.jpg

56_Fairlane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Is it a 57 Tbird only thing? I don't remember seeing anything mentioned in the 56 shop manual. I looked at the original teapot from my 56 and I didn't see anything where a tube like this would have attached to it.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

56_Fairlane (2/4/2018)

Is it a 57 Tbird only thing? I don't remember seeing anything mentioned in the 56 shop manual. I looked at the original teapot from my 56 and I didn't see anything where a tube like this would have attached to it.

No, '57 all (V-8).

The PARTS ILL I posted is what is found in the 49/59 MPC. It is a compilation drawing showing both 56 and 57 systems. It does confuse but when FORD uses engineering drawings for the parts catalog, they only offer enough detail to find the BASIC PN easily.

The 56 setup draws fresh air from the ACL (I believe) and for some reason 57 draws outside unfiltered air. The 56/57 choke was integral to the carb whereas the 55 choke setup was divorced and mounted on the intake.

I hope this helps and if more info is needed or I have posted something incorrectly, ask again.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter