Profile Picture

carpet question for a 1955 Club Sedan

Posted By Daniel Jessup 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Fellas,
It is about time to order carpet for this 1955 Club Sedan I am working on. For now, it will have the original bench seat and rear seat installed, but plans are in the works to update and customize with a mid-60s Thunderbird interior (bucket seats and that curved and chromed rear seat). Most, if not all of the carpets I see for sale have a two piece deal where the area under the front seat is not covered by carpet. If I am going with buckets eventually I will need the entire area covered.
What have you guys purchased and installed in the past and are you happy/unhappy with what you have?
thanks!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Since the kits available do not cover the center, I think your only choice is to go with a custom carpet.  ACC may have the front piece and should have the same material  that you can purchase to finish off the rear section by a local upholsterer.

If ACC has the carpet style and color you want, you might find a better price through stockinteriors.com  who sells ACC's products.  I believe you can get the extra material through Stock Interiors 0 if not then through ACC.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Even though my 56 had replacement carpet when purchased, when I had the headliner replaced I had the shop install new carpeting. Shops really do a great job with the fit over the humps and lay tight on the floor. I had them cover the entire floor also and they included sound deadner also. It was definatly worth the extra $$$..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thanks fellas, I did find a company that has a kit that covers all the floor and is two pieces...will let you know how it turns out as well.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter