carpet question for a 1955 Club Sedan

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic134363.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Daniel Jessup - 7 Years Ago
Fellas,
It is about time to order carpet for this 1955 Club Sedan I am working on. For now, it will have the original bench seat and rear seat installed, but plans are in the works to update and customize with a mid-60s Thunderbird interior (bucket seats and that curved and chromed rear seat). Most, if not all of the carpets I see for sale have a two piece deal where the area under the front seat is not covered by carpet. If I am going with buckets eventually I will need the entire area covered.
What have you guys purchased and installed in the past and are you happy/unhappy with what you have?
thanks!
By paul2748 - 7 Years Ago
Since the kits available do not cover the center, I think your only choice is to go with a custom carpet.  ACC may have the front piece and should have the same material  that you can purchase to finish off the rear section by a local upholsterer.

If ACC has the carpet style and color you want, you might find a better price through stockinteriors.com  who sells ACC's products.  I believe you can get the extra material through Stock Interiors 0 if not then through ACC.
By DryLakesRacer - 7 Years Ago
Even though my 56 had replacement carpet when purchased, when I had the headliner replaced I had the shop install new carpeting. Shops really do a great job with the fit over the humps and lay tight on the floor. I had them cover the entire floor also and they included sound deadner also. It was definatly worth the extra $$$..
By Daniel Jessup - 7 Years Ago
Thanks fellas, I did find a company that has a kit that covers all the floor and is two pieces...will let you know how it turns out as well.