Profile Picture

hard starting after she runs for a while

Posted By Baby Blue 57 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Ok Guys heres what I have,
It's a STOCK 1957 Ford Failane 500 with a rebuilt 292 and I'm running 3 new real Stromberg's  not the Chinese one!!! garbage!!!  on an Offenhouser manifold all is set up great and it runs great!! My issue is that if I go to a cruise and shut her down for a bout an hour she's hard to start. I tried not pumping the gas also pumping the gas but it just seems like it takes a long turn over of the engine to fire her up.
I have an electric fuel pump that I turn on and Strombergs love 2.5 lbs fuel regulated thats ok
I,have even taken off my air filters to see if they smoke down indicating a leak down of the carbs and flooding but they don't!?
So what's up next?
Timing is dead on
someone suggested plugs?
I running a pointless mallory disrtib with a high voltage coil
Plugs are gaped at 32 someone said gap at 35/40?
Help what do you guys think???

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post hard starting after she runs for a while By Baby Blue 57 ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post I had the same the same symptom. I chased my problem down to a slow... By Jerome ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post My 55 292 is doing the same thing, fuel only has one squirt from... By donselje ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post What Carburetor do You have? By oldcarmark ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well it looks like a Holley 94 2 barrel but says ford on the side & no... By donselje ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post The valve on the outside is a "Spark Control" Valve used with the... By oldcarmark ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yep the kit from Daytona Carburater came with 2 new power valves- now... By donselje ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post If You google Holley 94 I found a good article on rebuilding these... By oldcarmark ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok I will check it out, Thanks. I did watch a video from Mike's... By donselje ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Have You checked for Spark when it wont Start? If You have Fuel and... By oldcarmark ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Do you have an insulated type spacer between the carbs and manifold?... By 57RancheroJim ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have the exact same problem and it's definitely heat related. Get a... By 62bigwindow ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think Jerome is probably correct that a leaky needle and seat is... By petew ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hey guys I've done all the above, I have phenolic spacers and I looked... By Baby Blue 57 ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Is the Coil mounted Horizontally or Vertically? Is it possible U do... By oldcarmark ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Fuel leakdown or loss is a likely cause I'll agree with others......... By GREENBIRD56 ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post You don’t mention how the engine starts when cold but I’ll assume... By Ted ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Since I didn't read this, if you and all think it's fuel draining and... By DryLakesRacer ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Vaporlock ? By 55 GLASS TOP ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Any Updates on this Topic? By oldcarmark ( 7 Years Ago )
Forum Post Just for your information, it's not likely your primary issue but, the... By PF Arcand ( 7 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter