Profile Picture

Sway Bar - off topic - not YBlock problem

Posted By paul2748 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I was doing some servicing on my 48 Ford (302, C4) and do to a jack problem broke the sway bar.  The front end is a Mustang II setup.  When I built the car some 30 years ago I used a stock MII sway bar, cut it and splice welded in the middle with a piece of tubing.   It broke at one end of the tubing splice.   It has served me well all these years.  I could re-weld it  guess, but rather not..

Now I ,need a new sway bar.  obviously, It has to be custom made.  Does any one know of some one that can make one up.

THanks

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

62bigwindow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Try Dave at Drop n Stop em.

Durham Missouri
dbird
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm not all that familiar with Mustang 2 front suspensions, other than having a 74 Mustang back in the day, but I know many of the M 2 suspension kit producers offer a sway bar option.  A quick Google led me to Heidts who offer a sway bar option for a 48 for $200.  If the bar mounts on the tubular A arms are the same as yours, it might be a bolt on.  It might be worth a call to see if you can get the dimensions. 

Don
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Pretty close to me, and long time acquaintance.  Very capable and high attention to detail.  He was an engineer with Panoz, I think having to do with suspension and / or chassis.

http://tubularfab.com/wp/

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter