Profile Picture

1955 CV front seat

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am toying with the idea of putting buckets in my 55 CV since I am putting in the T5. Mostly a safety feature because of the non-locking back rests. I am curious to know the value of the seat. It is in excellent shape, non-power with good upholstery with some minor staining. Non-factory pattern but close. Brown in color. Would anyone be interested in having it? I will post pics if anyone wants them. Shipping would be expensive I would imagine so local pick-up makes the
Most since. The only reference I can find is a e-bay listing for the back rest frames only and they want an astronomical amount for them, $1249.00. They have been listed for a long time at that price and no takers. Thought I'd ask my question here first to give you guys a chance at it first. if I get a descent offer...........?

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
baldmustang
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Good Morning. I live in Tracy CA. I am in the long process of restoring a 56 CV. The car came with standard Victoria seats . Because of the high cost of the CV seats, I had decided to install bucket seats. I just purchased a pair of buckets. They appear to be from a 67 Thunderbird with deluxe interior. Originally they were power seats, but all of the mounting is gone. They look very good on the inside. Trim looks good. I would offer them plus some cash if you are interested. Thy would need upholstery. You can contact me by email at leroyoldtang@comcast.net.
carl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
55,56 Ford crown vic front seat backs are different,they will interchange but have a things that are different  Carl
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Carl, I would appreciate any enlightenment you can provide. I want to make a smart fair decision should I decide to sell/trade. Thank you sir. You are a treasure trove of information.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Some pics...

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

More... more upon request.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
carl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Rowen  the 56 crown has a strip of stainless about 6 "down from the top on the back side,the 55 does not have it ,also there is a slight difference in the top part of the seat back,i don't have a 55 back here to compare my 56 seat to but I think the 56 tilts back more on the top than the 55 .The seat bottoms are the same.The 4 door seat bottom is different than the 2 door,Carl
Lou
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
1955 crown and convertible share the same front seat, these are one year only seats, and a name you price item.
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ok fellas, decision made. The seat is for sale. I found a set of buckets that I think will work (97 cougar). I will need to get them re-apolstered. As I said I am not looking to make a killing, just enough to get them (buckets) done. Any one know how much to have 2, 97 cougar 6 way buckets nicely done? Anyone here a upholsterer? Might even consider a trade for labor and materials from a professional. If I get no response this way in the form of an offer I will put them up on the ford barn the same way. Thanks guys. Hope someone can put this seat to good use.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Seat is still for sale. Make me an offer.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca

Reading This Topic

Site Meter