1955 CV front seat

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic130733.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
I am toying with the idea of putting buckets in my 55 CV since I am putting in the T5. Mostly a safety feature because of the non-locking back rests. I am curious to know the value of the seat. It is in excellent shape, non-power with good upholstery with some minor staining. Non-factory pattern but close. Brown in color. Would anyone be interested in having it? I will post pics if anyone wants them. Shipping would be expensive I would imagine so local pick-up makes the
Most since. The only reference I can find is a e-bay listing for the back rest frames only and they want an astronomical amount for them, $1249.00. They have been listed for a long time at that price and no takers. Thought I'd ask my question here first to give you guys a chance at it first. if I get a descent offer...........?
By baldmustang - 7 Years Ago
Good Morning. I live in Tracy CA. I am in the long process of restoring a 56 CV. The car came with standard Victoria seats . Because of the high cost of the CV seats, I had decided to install bucket seats. I just purchased a pair of buckets. They appear to be from a 67 Thunderbird with deluxe interior. Originally they were power seats, but all of the mounting is gone. They look very good on the inside. Trim looks good. I would offer them plus some cash if you are interested. Thy would need upholstery. You can contact me by email at leroyoldtang@comcast.net.
By carl - 7 Years Ago
55,56 Ford crown vic front seat backs are different,they will interchange but have a things that are different  Carl
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Carl, I would appreciate any enlightenment you can provide. I want to make a smart fair decision should I decide to sell/trade. Thank you sir. You are a treasure trove of information.
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Some pics...
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
More... more upon request.
By carl - 7 Years Ago
Rowen  the 56 crown has a strip of stainless about 6 "down from the top on the back side,the 55 does not have it ,also there is a slight difference in the top part of the seat back,i don't have a 55 back here to compare my 56 seat to but I think the 56 tilts back more on the top than the 55 .The seat bottoms are the same.The 4 door seat bottom is different than the 2 door,Carl
By Lou - 7 Years Ago
1955 crown and convertible share the same front seat, these are one year only seats, and a name you price item.
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Ok fellas, decision made. The seat is for sale. I found a set of buckets that I think will work (97 cougar). I will need to get them re-apolstered. As I said I am not looking to make a killing, just enough to get them (buckets) done. Any one know how much to have 2, 97 cougar 6 way buckets nicely done? Anyone here a upholsterer? Might even consider a trade for labor and materials from a professional. If I get no response this way in the form of an offer I will put them up on the ford barn the same way. Thanks guys. Hope someone can put this seat to good use.
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Seat is still for sale. Make me an offer.