Profile Picture

239 Distributor swap

Posted By repeater 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hey folks,

Going to swap out the crappy load-o-matic on this 239 I'm working on. To do so and go with a more modern distributor (post '57 or whatever) I just need confirmation that I need to do the following :

1. Keep the gear from the 239 distributor to use on the replacement one.
2. Disassemble the oil pump and use a hex shaft from a donor pump to replace the slot shaft - or can I simply use a later model pump?
3. Install a hex oil pump to distributor shaft.
Am I forgetting anything? Has anyone successfully done this?
pintoplumber
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Use a later pump. Put the 13 tooth gear in the toaster oven and the distributor when you do it. It'll go together a little easier. For some reason, I had to shorten the hex drive about 5/16".

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
repeater
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)Supercharged (82 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Cool, thanks!
pintoplumber
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Sorry, the distributor goes in the freezer.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter