Profile Picture

temp probe location?

Posted By 50mercfan 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
you guys have been great helping with this 55 ford. another question, i have a 55 272, i hooked up the heater hose to the factory spot on the intake by the thermostat housing. is there another place to put the probe for the aftermarket temp gauge?
Dobie
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The stock sender location on the driver's side rear of the intake manifold is a good spot, no need to reinvent the wheel. You may need an adapter to make it fit, and be sure the business end of the sender is inserted deep enough but without touching metal.
50mercfan
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)

thanks dobie, i see it now.
50mercfan
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

got it in and it works great.
Dobie
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Cool beans! Glad I could help..Smile
2721955meteor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
disagree with dopey,tho the stock location is there,it does not show proper engine temp. water flows threw the block then exits the left head and travels threw the cyl head (MOSTof the water) then exits at therm,combining with left head and out the therm. some truck intakes have sense at therm end where heater outlet is.
heater outlet is the hotest water in the system.  remember the flat heads had 2 sending units 1on each head where water left for the rad.
 i drilled and taped at the front of intake wher heater water is and inst second temp sensor it reads higher than the original location.i think the new location is most accurate as well as monitoring both banks. just food for comments
Dobie
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ummm. the name's Dobie. I think the stock location was good enough for Henry's engineers. As I said, why reinvent the wheel?
Y block guy
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)Supercharged (104 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I agree with 2721955meteor on location in front. I wanted to retain the stock gauge as well as a temp sensor for the fuel injection.I too drilled and tapped near the thermostat housing for this purpose.
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Spell check?!?

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
2721955meteor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Dobie (3/19/2017)
Ummm. the name's Dobie. I think the stock location was good enough for Henry's engineers. As I said, why reinvent the wheel?

sorrey for not checking  your name,have issues not spelling and re checking posts,will try to improve

Reading This Topic

Site Meter