Profile Picture

YBlock conversion on Brand X car

Posted By MontyRay56 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, but I finally got started on my engine conversion on my 1956 ----. The engine fit surprisingly well. We fabricated a front mount and used a transmission crossmember from an '88 Ford Crown Victoria, narrowed it considerably, and welded brackets to the inside of the frame to attach it to. We fab'd a bracket on the firewall next to the brake cylinder for a hydraulic clutch cylinder. As you can see by the photo, the exhaust manifold clears the steering gear. On passenger side, we massaged the firewall about a half inch rearward to clear the passenger manifold. We will be using a T-Bird oil pan to clear the steering linkage. It appears to have adequate fan to radiator clearance. Will be using a top loader 4-speed and a Dana 44 rear axle from a '55 Ford station wagon. It will take awhile to finish the car as you can see, it is ugly, but should get a lot of looks when finished.
Attachments
001.JPG (375 views, 1.00 MB)
002.JPG (310 views, 1.00 MB)
004.JPG (307 views, 1.00 MB)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter