Profile Picture

turn signal problems

Posted By geo56 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
I hope someone on here has corrected a similar problem to mine because I am stumped. I have a 56 Victoria that I have driven regularly for three years. Lately, when I put on the right turn signal the right rear taillight blinks. However, the tag light blinks with it and the left tailight also blinks faintly. When I put on the left turn signal, the left rear blinks as it should and the right rear light and tag light don't blink. Through all of this, the front parklamps blink correctly. On top of all this, when I depress my brake pedal, I notice that the speedometer part of my gauge cluster lights up and goes out when the brake pedal comes up.  So far I have replaced the turn signal switch with a NOS FoMoCo switch that did not solve the problem. I dropped the headlight switch down and examined it and around it for obvious burnt or shorted wires. I hate to throw more money at it and hope someone can help me with advice. Also, a thank you to Ted Eaton who removed the glitch that kept me from posting on this site.
lowrider
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Check the rear bulbs. Usually when one filament breaks off and lays against the other It will cause the problem your describing.

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409

Reading This Topic

Site Meter