Profile Picture

A 1956 T Bird

Posted By Coyotes bird 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/43cf4b9d-fee7-4790-9bcf-3171.jpg

This is a 1956 T Bird I restored some time ago. (Senior Award Winner)
slumlord444
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Nice! If they only didn't have that spare tire hanging out the back end. No offense meant, I just never did like a conferential kit. Friend had a nice '53 Ford hardtop with one back in high school. I always told him he should back it up to the railroad tracks and wait for a train to come along and take it off. 
paul2748
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/fafddfc0-b169-467a-ab59-3b57.jpg

Got one just like it - color - Fiesta Red.  Pic taken in San Jose CA.  Drove it from NJ.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

NoShortcuts
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
WoW!  Looks nice, Paul.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Meandean
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)

slumlord444 (8/20/2016)
Nice! If they only didn't have that spare tire hanging out the back end. No offense meant, I just never did like a conferential kit. Friend had a nice '53 Ford hardtop with one back in high school. I always told him he should back it up to the railroad tracks and wait for a train to come along and take it off. 

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the Continental Kits.  Really, on any car.
To each his own, of course.
speedpro56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

The continental kits on 1956 Tbirds were standard equipment, but not on 55 and 57 birds.

-Gary Burnette-

Coyotes bird
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
And that is why I waned to do a 55 T Bird. My 55 is going to look like an over all restoration. But i'm not taking the body off the frame.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6c5e0f18-aa99-4d6a-93e6-f54f.jpg
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I agree with the negative view of  the Conti kit on the 1956s.. I think it was at that point, that Ford more or less threw in the towel as far as it being a true sports car & left that area to G.M's Corvette.. However, nowdays U could remove the kit & obtain a suitable compact spare.. I've seen one in a magazine which was done that way. It looked stock.  I think a 55 bumper was installed.   

Paul
speedpro56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

I have to admit I do like the continental kit on the birds, to me they add class and of course that's just my opinion. I do like them without the kit as well meaning I wouldn't order a kit if it came without one.

-Gary Burnette-

speedpro56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The kit was used to allow for more trunk space.

-Gary Burnette-

Reading This Topic

Site Meter