Profile Picture

2X4 INTAKE VALLEY COVER

Posted By zach134 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I HAVE A 1954 FOR CUSTOMLINE WITH A 312 Y BLOCK IN IT. I RECENTLY FOUND A 2X4 INTAKE FROM A THUNDERBIRD PRETTY CHEAP AND HAD IT FIXED UP AND CLEANED. I FOUND OUT THAT YOU NEED A DIFFERENT VALLEY PAN FOR IT. HOPING THAT SOMEONE HAS A LEAD OR 2 ABOUT FINDING ONE. 
THANK YOU, 
ZACH
paul2748
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Check with John  Mummert.  he has an aluminum one that might work.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

NoShortcuts
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm not sure that John Mummert's valley pan will work with the Ford original '56 power pack 2x4 aluminum intake manifold or the Ford '57 aluminum 'E' code intake manifold.  In '56, Ford supplied a valley pan made out of a flat sheet of (?) 12 gauge steel with the breather tube opening in the back end and the oil fill tube in the front to go with the power pack kit.

A quality repro of the '57 'E' code unit is available from Felix Natoli.  His workmanship is exceptional.  Click the link below to see one on eBay.  There are two other repros. on eBay presently, but for the money I prefer this one...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311630793999?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hope this helps.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
zach134
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)Supercharged (75 reputation)

Thank you for the listing. I will look into that one. From what I have heard, this is a pretty rare part to find.
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
You can also make one out of a flat sheet of aluminum. Works great.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
NoShortcuts
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Zach 134.  Moonshadow is right.  Click the link below to see a representation of what the original Ford '56 power pack valley pan looked like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-1956-1957-Ford-Tbird-E-flat-valley-pan-1-8-inch-thick-steel-Y-block-New-/351546704076?hash=item51d9d100cc:g:Ow4AAOSw5VFWGsJ1&vxp=mtr 

This is kind-of-like what Ford produced, but you get the idea.  If you prefer this earlier style, Natoli makes these, too.  The difference is his are more accurate, Ford look-exactly-like reproductions.  The difference is in the details of general appearance, materials used (metal thickness, filler tube wall thickness), lower baffle production (original style pressed pattern) and joining methods used (spot welding, silver soldering) than the one pictured here on eBay.  Yes, original power pack filler tubes were bronze welded (brazed) in place, but the silver soldering is stronger and neater.

As Moonshadow says, you could make one, too.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
zach134
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thank you everyone for getting me into the right direction. Hopefully I can figure it out soon and get the intake and carbs on.
Baby Blue 57
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)Turbocharged (62 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I have a good used one flat steel that I used on a 312 with stock manifold. Also the down draft tube if needed. Same as one that someone sent you to look at on ebay. If you don't need to use the rear down draft tube its easy to plug off the hole. or some guys use it to install a PCV.
If interested contact me at mdw104@yahoo.com   for price and pictures if needed. 
Mike
zach134
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Does anyone have to specs to the valley cover. I am going to make one but didn't want to remove everything on the car right now. So, if anyone has the measurements, that would be awesome. Thank you again!!
Genuinerod
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Concours Parts (800-722-0009)  sells valley covers for "E" motors for $115.00.  It is a aftermarket cover but I think the price is right for what it is.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter