Profile Picture

Mercury Vavle Covers

Posted By miker 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
miker, those covers look great.  I had my set powder coated black to go with the intake and other eng. parts and accessories . the eng. and heads are gold. I have not finished assembling the eng. yet. I will post some pictures of the v/c next time I get to town to work on it. will take some pic. then. 
iowa fords
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)Supercharged (252 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Hey Budman, nice car but I have to correct you about the only two colors available for 54 Sunvalley, I have owned my 54 Sunvalley  for 46 years and it all white and all number matching.

tom in iowa

54 Merc wagon

54 sunvalley
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
These are the covers, polished, painted and installed on the 56 Merc block in my F code 32 cabrio.

I had to do a little fiddling on the mounting studs, still have to get the washers under the acorns. Ace said this is a new issue to them, and they'll look into it. No big deal, just a little work with a rat tail file.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Boy howdy!! I'm with MoonShadow on this one budman!! Jus remove the hinges and show that bad piece o jewelry off!! Well done indeed!
Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
That is one fine looking Mercury you have there! Its almost a shame to put a hood on it the engine is so nicely done.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
BudMan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi. The '54 Merc yellow was called Yosemite yellow. It was one of only two colors offered for the '54 Sun Valley, the other being a light green. I couldn't find a formula for the original color so I took a small piece of the car with the original paint on it to the local paint shop and after several tries, they managed to get it right. Here is a photo of the car before I put the http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/18814bd2-389c-42e0-8ba6-e895.jpgglass top on.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty
Bill Childs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Nice hardware Budman! Is that paint factory goldenrod yellow?

Bill C
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/61bc0a7f-ca1c-4ce4-b1f2-4b5b.jpg
Drag it home, figure it out.
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Nice, budman. Works good with that air cleaner and the tri power.

Yes, oldmics, those are the pop up ads. When you close them, you go back to the Ace site, and while it's not obvious, you're on the page you clicked on. PITA, but not a virus.

The roadster has a 56 Merc block, so they worked for me. I dropped them at the polishers today, I'll post a picture when I've got them painted.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
BudMan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've had these on my engine for about two years now. Car is a '54 Merc Sun Valley.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8ea109ee-3f7d-47af-a3b5-7353.jpg

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty
Oldmics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
That Ace link screwed up my computer.

Dropped in something called itbit.

I would advise staying away

Oldmics

Reading This Topic

Site Meter