Profile Picture

Mercury Vavle Covers

Posted By miker 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
There was some comment about Mercury valve covers recently, and engine color. As it happened I was in process of buying a set of Mercury v/c's for the 56 Merc block in my roadster. They arrived today from Ace customs in NZ. Ace did a custom under dash panel (2 round A/C outlets and 2 2 1/16 guages) for me from my drawings some years ago. The vavle covers took less than 2 weeks (4 days for me to move money into a paypal account ). PayPal did the $US to $NZ. US$ 370.00, including west coast shipping.

I'll polish the sides and tops of the fins and script, and paint the rest the goldish engine color.

The covers are nice, inside and out. I've got no relationship here except as a satisfied customer. If I was smarter, I'd edit my toes out of the picture.

http://www.ace-customs.com

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
30 coupe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have a set of those V/C's . I will be putting them on the new eng. for my 30 coupe. 313 C.I.  ( bored 292 block, 312 crank, and rods, edelbrock 2x4 intake w/ teapot carbs).  I like the cover they are well made.
NoShortcuts
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
They look NICE, Miker!

Thanks for sharing the info.    Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
slumlord444
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Those are really nice. First time I've seen these. What other logo is available?
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Check the link to Ace. Their site is a bit funky with pop up ads, but you can work thru to the "products" section. It was surprisingly affordable for the custom panel they did for me, and several of the "mate" down under had good things to say about them.

miker
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Oldmics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
That Ace link screwed up my computer.

Dropped in something called itbit.

I would advise staying away

Oldmics
BudMan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've had these on my engine for about two years now. Car is a '54 Merc Sun Valley.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8ea109ee-3f7d-47af-a3b5-7353.jpg

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Nice, budman. Works good with that air cleaner and the tri power.

Yes, oldmics, those are the pop up ads. When you close them, you go back to the Ace site, and while it's not obvious, you're on the page you clicked on. PITA, but not a virus.

The roadster has a 56 Merc block, so they worked for me. I dropped them at the polishers today, I'll post a picture when I've got them painted.

miker
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Bill Childs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)Supercharged (196 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Nice hardware Budman! Is that paint factory goldenrod yellow?

Bill C
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/61bc0a7f-ca1c-4ce4-b1f2-4b5b.jpg
Drag it home, figure it out.
BudMan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi. The '54 Merc yellow was called Yosemite yellow. It was one of only two colors offered for the '54 Sun Valley, the other being a light green. I couldn't find a formula for the original color so I took a small piece of the car with the original paint on it to the local paint shop and after several tries, they managed to get it right. Here is a photo of the car before I put the http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/18814bd2-389c-42e0-8ba6-e895.jpgglass top on.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty

Reading This Topic

Site Meter