Profile Picture

Goodbye Columbus in September for real - Hello Indianapolis in June 2016

Posted By Bob Martin 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Goodbye Columbus in September for real - Hello Indianapolis in June...

Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Yep, this time it's for real.  With the low car count (our 16 Y-Blockers were the largest group), and lack of spectators,  there's no way the Ford EXPO event can survive.  The attached PDF file is a confirmation of change from Columbus over Labor Day weekend, to the NMCA All American Nationals in Indianapilis Indiana on June 23-26, 2016.  We had a good run of 20 years (21 if you count 1995 at Kil-Kare Dragway in Xenia, Ohio),

Bob Martin, Cincinnati
Attachments
Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Bob we hate to see it go but it has been a lot of fun racing there and meeting with all the Y-Blockers. I personally want to thank you for all you do for the Shootouts. Face it, you make the shootout what it has been. Hopefully Indy prooves to last as long as Columbus did. See you at Indy!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
Hope I can make it again this year. Moving makes it a full 2 day drive but It could be worse. The September meet was dead for everyone except us. The National Trails dragway must be hemorrhaging money. Oh, and hey Vic it's nice to see you up here again. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Chuck,
           Easy for me to say but it's "only" another 160 or so miles. 90 to 80 to 69.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
Yup Frank, 2 hours for us speed obeying drivers. Sad

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Just about the same distance for me, about 10 hours of driving. Hmmmm hopefully I can make it again! 

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Chuck, 
          I can almost guarantee you if you drive 80 in Indiana you'll meet a very nice man in a white  and blue Charger with a lot of red lights and stuff!
Might take you more than two hours. Speedway is on the West side of town. 

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter