Goodbye Columbus in September for real - Hello Indianapolis in June 2016

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic117964.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bob Martin - 9 Years Ago
Yep, this time it's for real.  With the low car count (our 16 Y-Blockers were the largest group), and lack of spectators,  there's no way the Ford EXPO event can survive.  The attached PDF file is a confirmation of change from Columbus over Labor Day weekend, to the NMCA All American Nationals in Indianapilis Indiana on June 23-26, 2016.  We had a good run of 20 years (21 if you count 1995 at Kil-Kare Dragway in Xenia, Ohio),

Bob Martin, Cincinnati
By Vic Correnti - 9 Years Ago
Bob we hate to see it go but it has been a lot of fun racing there and meeting with all the Y-Blockers. I personally want to thank you for all you do for the Shootouts. Face it, you make the shootout what it has been. Hopefully Indy prooves to last as long as Columbus did. See you at Indy!
By MoonShadow - 9 Years Ago
Hope I can make it again this year. Moving makes it a full 2 day drive but It could be worse. The September meet was dead for everyone except us. The National Trails dragway must be hemorrhaging money. Oh, and hey Vic it's nice to see you up here again. Chuck
By pegleg - 9 Years Ago
Chuck,
           Easy for me to say but it's "only" another 160 or so miles. 90 to 80 to 69.
By MoonShadow - 9 Years Ago
Yup Frank, 2 hours for us speed obeying drivers. Sad

By Canadian Hot Rodder - 9 Years Ago
Just about the same distance for me, about 10 hours of driving. Hmmmm hopefully I can make it again! 
By pegleg - 9 Years Ago
Chuck, 
          I can almost guarantee you if you drive 80 in Indiana you'll meet a very nice man in a white  and blue Charger with a lot of red lights and stuff!
Might take you more than two hours. Speedway is on the West side of town.