Profile Picture

Cams and Fordomatics

Posted By Kahuna 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
After reading that lengthy thread re cams, I thought I'd ask whether there has ever been a recommendation as to the MAX cam that can be used with a Fordomatic (pertaining to idle, I think).
Make sense?
Thanks for any insight
Jim
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Heya Jim, mummerts site has some recamondatiins. Probably not definitive, but good info non the less.
How've ya been? Did your friends with the cars your storing make it ok through the fire?
Assisting at engine masters, very impressive! I had no idea!
:0)

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MarkMontereyBay
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Per John's recommendation, I am using his 270 cam with the Fordo in my Tbird. Idle is fine, behaves in traffic. I have Sanderson headers.

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

Kahuna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Thanks Mark
Rowen, everything worked out well as far as the fire danger went.
Thanks
Jim
PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Apparently Mummert says the 270 cam works o.k. with the Fordo, but he recommends using it with headers.. With manifolds he apparently recommends the 265S. Both about the same duration, but the 265 has a wider LSA, so likely idles even better.. 

Paul
Rono
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Are there any options for torque converts with the Fordomatics? The wife's 56 Ranch Wagon has the is a "P" code car with the 312 and has the medium case tranny.
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Rono: Apparently the answer is no in terms of anyone stocking a high stall for the Fordo.. However, as I understand it, a custom built one could be done..The reason those 2 spd Power slides are so popular for racing, is that they are light & because of their connection with the small blk scrub engine, modified ones are readily available.    

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter