Cams and Fordomatics

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic117281.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Kahuna - 9 Years Ago
After reading that lengthy thread re cams, I thought I'd ask whether there has ever been a recommendation as to the MAX cam that can be used with a Fordomatic (pertaining to idle, I think).
Make sense?
Thanks for any insight
Jim
By Rowen - 9 Years Ago
Heya Jim, mummerts site has some recamondatiins. Probably not definitive, but good info non the less.
How've ya been? Did your friends with the cars your storing make it ok through the fire?
Assisting at engine masters, very impressive! I had no idea!
:0)
By MarkMontereyBay - 9 Years Ago
Per John's recommendation, I am using his 270 cam with the Fordo in my Tbird. Idle is fine, behaves in traffic. I have Sanderson headers.
By Kahuna - 9 Years Ago
Thanks Mark
Rowen, everything worked out well as far as the fire danger went.
Thanks
Jim
By PF Arcand - 9 Years Ago
Apparently Mummert says the 270 cam works o.k. with the Fordo, but he recommends using it with headers.. With manifolds he apparently recommends the 265S. Both about the same duration, but the 265 has a wider LSA, so likely idles even better.. 
By Rono - 9 Years Ago
Are there any options for torque converts with the Fordomatics? The wife's 56 Ranch Wagon has the is a "P" code car with the 312 and has the medium case tranny.
Rono
By PF Arcand - 9 Years Ago
Rono: Apparently the answer is no in terms of anyone stocking a high stall for the Fordo.. However, as I understand it, a custom built one could be done..The reason those 2 spd Power slides are so popular for racing, is that they are light & because of their connection with the small blk scrub engine, modified ones are readily available.