Profile Picture

Y's have too much power

Posted By Vic Correnti 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I was just informed from Centerforce that the Centerforce dual friction clutch cannot handle the power of a Y-block. He asked me how much HP I had and from past experience I know better then to tell the truth so I doubled it to 1000 HP. He said that 500 is the limit. 500 was not a problem when I talked with them years ago and now 3 junk clutches later. I had the same experience with a driveshaft yoke that now has the splines twisted. I was assured at the time that I didn't need a Strange billet yoke for a 500 HP Y-block.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

speedpro56
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Twisted splines in my drive shaft yoke not to mention having to heavy duty some things in my T56 tranny as well.

-Gary Burnette-

62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That doest say much about there tech department if he thinks a 1000 hp y block exists. Not that I don't love the y block but I don't think numbers like that are even achievable.

Durham Missouri
Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I believe with a turbo it is possible and I think it has been done with a Y in a truck.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
721hp at the wheels, so definitely towards 1000 at the crank.  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic65469-24.aspx

Far from achieving it naturally aspirated, though.  To be fair, just about any engine that is 1000hp naturally is not even remotely anything that came out of the factory.  So that in mind, it absolutely is possible with the Y configuration, it just won't be with factory parts, just like the other motors.  For the most part, they are (insert brand) based engines and that is exactly what a Y will be at that level, no longer a Ford, but a collection of aftermarket parts.

It could say a lot about the tech department.  It could mean that they realize a Y can make power so they don't question it anymore.  That would be a good thing.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Give Ted and John a couple more years! Doesn't Center Force have sponsor logo's on some pro-stock cars? You mean those don't get near the tourque that our old unforgiven Y-Blocks do? Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Well I am happy to say I stand corrected. That turbo y is pretty cool.

Durham Missouri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter