Profile Picture

Fuel Injected Y

Posted By Mlifes2109 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
So jepito
You are running waste fire, how has that been?
And what cam and performance are you getting with the set up?
Looks awesome by the way!

Your probably right Charlie, however I know you can see the valve stems with the manifold off.
jepito
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
The ignition is triggered off the rear of the crank and works great. It has provisions for a MAP sensor to use for vaccum advance, but have not hooked it up yet.

The throttle bodies are modified hilborn. It is mechanical fuel injection with defector tip nozzles. I was hoping to run it in the engine masters challenge but am on the wait list. It's 333ci and made 445hp @ 5800 on pump gas with some room to improve with better air horns and headers.
LordMrFord
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Open 8 stack might hurt the mid power for emc but who remember the more powerful scrubs if you got really nice injected Y agains them. Smile

Hyvinkää, FI
jepito
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)

Individual runners work well for mid range. Dyno pulls were 4-6k and basically flat torque over 400lbft
jepito
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Dyno warm up

http://youtu.be/MY2wkoze6yQ
Cliff
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
Nice
CK
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)Supercharged (354 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Curious of others that have had succes running EFI on the Yblock
I'm personally running a Holley Terminator on a mummert low rise with a 1/2" open spacer.
famdoc3
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)Supercharged (424 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm running twin GM throttle bodies on an "e" manifold on my T'bird and I really like it,woke up the low end nicely and doesn't load up like the hollers did. I have 273's n the rear and an old super T10 special wide with the 264 first gear and the bird will run 80 mph all day long. MIKE

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 53 years!
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey mike, I too have a "E" code intake with two original Re-built holleys on board. What throttle bodies did you use? They work well together? Did you need adapters? How is the throttle response? Power?
Thanks in advance mike,
Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca

Reading This Topic

Site Meter