Fuel Injected Y

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic115384.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Mlifes2109 - 9 Years Ago
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8c1bef66-3830-4000-8f5f-09c1.jpg
A little Sneak peak of what I'm working On.

By charliemccraney - 9 Years Ago
Cool!  Is this something you plan to sell?

It seems to be best to keep the runners divided all the way to the plenum, particularly for the #s 1 and 2 cylinders since those two fire sequentially.  But maybe that is not so important for a dry manifold.  It will probably be best to have the head end of the ports rectangular, like the head.
By LordMrFord - 9 Years Ago
Looks familiar.
Longer runners might be better in street car but that would be quite hard to do with equal lenght runners.

Do you go with wasted spark or get extra trigger in distributor?
By jepito - 9 Years Ago
This worked for me
By jepito - 9 Years Ago
By CK - 9 Years Ago
Maybe angle the injectors so the fuel is sprayed over the back of the valve. Apparently this helps atomisation.
However F1 use a wet system with such short runners and I think 6" is a minimum?

What sort of cam and compression would you run with it?
By charliemccraney - 9 Years Ago
Can the injector be aimed at the valve, given the port arrangement?  Maybe angle it slightly in the direction of each port
By Cliff - 9 Years Ago
Hi, is that a Pete Jackson injection setup? (sbc), what's in the motor?, what's it going in? and how are you turning the oil pump?.

Cliff

PS I know a lot of questions

I dont know how Jepito did it but I just hacksawed the dizzy down and glued the freeze plug on it. Worked just fine.
By jepito - 9 Years Ago
Yep, cut down a dist.
By CK - 9 Years Ago
So jepito
You are running waste fire, how has that been?
And what cam and performance are you getting with the set up?
Looks awesome by the way!

Your probably right Charlie, however I know you can see the valve stems with the manifold off.
By jepito - 9 Years Ago
The ignition is triggered off the rear of the crank and works great. It has provisions for a MAP sensor to use for vaccum advance, but have not hooked it up yet.

The throttle bodies are modified hilborn. It is mechanical fuel injection with defector tip nozzles. I was hoping to run it in the engine masters challenge but am on the wait list. It's 333ci and made 445hp @ 5800 on pump gas with some room to improve with better air horns and headers.
Open 8 stack might hurt the mid power for emc but who remember the more powerful scrubs if you got really nice injected Y agains them. Smile
By jepito - 9 Years Ago
Individual runners work well for mid range. Dyno pulls were 4-6k and basically flat torque over 400lbft
By jepito - 9 Years Ago
Dyno warm up

http://youtu.be/MY2wkoze6yQ
By Cliff - 9 Years Ago
Nice
By CK - 9 Years Ago
Curious of others that have had succes running EFI on the Yblock
I'm personally running a Holley Terminator on a mummert low rise with a 1/2" open spacer.
By famdoc3 - 9 Years Ago
I'm running twin GM throttle bodies on an "e" manifold on my T'bird and I really like it,woke up the low end nicely and doesn't load up like the hollers did. I have 273's n the rear and an old super T10 special wide with the 264 first gear and the bird will run 80 mph all day long. MIKE
By Rowen - 9 Years Ago
Hey mike, I too have a "E" code intake with two original Re-built holleys on board. What throttle bodies did you use? They work well together? Did you need adapters? How is the throttle response? Power?
Thanks in advance mike,
Rowen