Profile Picture

2015 Engine Masters Challenge participants have been selected.

Posted By Ted 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

2015 Engine Masters Challenge participants have been selected.

Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Here is a video from a couple years ago of the engine I am running in EMC.. I ran out of tuning time at the dyno session and just was content with a 500 hp number.. I think there is another 25 or 30 horse in it with some careful tuning.. The cam is actually a little too big for the rpm range of the contest.. I am going to try advancing the cam some to get the torque peak down a couple hundred rpm, I will also try a manifold with long straight runners and Tri Y header to pump up the mid range torque. That torque number needs to be close to 500 ft/lb.

Sorry for the questionable videography

jepito
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
What cubic inch is it?
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

It is 383   4.06 x 3.7
yalincoln
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
say royce, i believe you can use low deck mopar intakes with adapter plates. that would give you a number of different options on intake. just a thought! have you tryed those big tube spred port SBC headers on anything y-block? just want to know if they work. i figured a big inch lincoln y might like them better, thanks, wayne!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Wayne, Yes I did use the headers.. The dyno video that made 500 hp used those headers
yalincoln
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

hi royce! great, thanks!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
yalincoln
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

say royce i can't find the post on that engine, can you send it to me, thanks, wayne. any pics.?

yehaabill
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)

Ted, I bet Kaase will out spend you....but he won't beat you....but, we will get to see what a NO-EXPENSE spared Y-block will do....my 2 cts..

Bill

Pelham,Al

PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
What is the RPM range for the Vintage class?  I haven't followed the most recent contests, but one thing that has been evident in the past is that unless your engine can produce torque numbers at the bottom of the RPM range, equal to it's displacement or better, the chances of winning  were slim & none. Even making the top six was doubtful. I realize this vintage class has limited entries, but Jon Kaase is a master builder/ tuner & everyone else better be on their best game or it's unlikely for them to get close to the front.. 

Paul
jepito
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)Supercharged (109 reputation)

3000-6000rpm

Reading This Topic

Site Meter