Profile Picture

Radiators

Posted By Rusty_S85 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I decided to just go ahead and replace my radiator as it would be a waste of time to check with local shops to find one that would recore it and remove the large dent out of the top of the tank.

This question how ever is being posted as I was talking to Tee-Bird Inc. and they told me the original radiator had a tag or the engineering number stamped into the radiator.  That the new radiator wouldn't have this so it wouldn't be concours quality.

I wanted to ask if anyone has any pictures of the tag or engineering numbers as I recall seeing no tag or engineering number on my radiator.  I know I was told some used tags and some had it stamped into the top tank depending on the manufacturer, if need be I could always locate a tag on ebay if I am lucky and have a local radiator shop attach it in the proper location if need be.

I just want to try and see if anyone has photos or information on this.  I have to say the radiator has been replaced once but I can not be for sure and I have no definite answer on if there was ever any factory radiators without the tag or the engineering number stamp.  I highly doubt it as everything was marked in some way.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Radiators By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have what appears to be the original radiator in my 56 Bird. it has... By paul2748 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]paul2748 (4/10/2015)[/b][hr] I have what appears to be... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Rusty - The bird radiators were made by Modine, the only supplier. I... By paul2748 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I went and looked at my radiator last night and there is a tag on it.... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post If you want it to be just as it was driven off the lot, then there are... By charliemccraney ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post My problem is the only radiator shop that I have used in the past that... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well I called the shop I used in the past up they said it was no... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Howdy, I re-cored mine. I wanted an original, brass radiator and... By HT32BSX115 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I will be finding out how much they will charge to recore mine. If... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well I had some clear weather today after work and was able to pull my... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I dropped the radiator off at the shop. So far I haven't got the... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well if they change the shape of the tank and relocate the intake then... By lyonroad ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]lyonroad (4/15/2015)[/b][hr] Well if they change the... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Rusty I scraped several 55,56 radiators and I saved the top and... By carl ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]carl (4/16/2015)[/b][hr] Rusty I scraped several 55,56... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post What they are going to do is build a core with a flat flange for your... By Dave Doll ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post rusty the top tank I have that has a tag attached has the following... By carl ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]carl (4/16/2015)[/b][hr] rusty the top tank I have that... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Dave Doll (4/16/2015)[/b][hr] What they are going to do... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post that's what they are doing is replacing the whole center core section... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Let me know how that goes. By 5d6fairlane ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post My radiator will be ready around 3 or 4 pm today. I will post photos... By Rusty_S85 ( 9 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter