Profile Picture

Y-Blocks at Norwalk OH - in addition to Columbus

Posted By Bob Martin 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Norwalk has an All-Ford Bracket Showdown inside the ProMedia NMRA 12th Annual Ford Super Nationals June 11-14, 2015.  The Track is Summit Motorsports Park, in Norwalk, Ohio, about 20-miles south of Sandusky, and just south of I-80/90 across the top of Ohio.  When the flyers hit hands earlier this month, I started getting interest for the event and checked into it.  NMRA, which ran their events inside of Ford EXPO at Columbus thru 2012, had a management change.  Rollie Miller, who was the Event Director for Ford EXPO at Columbus in 2013 is now President of ProMedia, so I contacted him last week about letting us have our Y-Block Shootouts at this event.  He welcomed us up and we've been working out the details.  I expect to hear from him this week (ProMedia had an event last weekend).  As soon as everything is worked out, I'll post a response.

For the record, Norwalk is the NHRA Mother-ship, and awesome to say the least.  Picture asphalt pits 100-yards wide by 3/4-mile long - and that's just on the pit side.  I was there with a few Y-Blockers for their All Ford Events in 2009 & 2010, and I can only say that you have to be there believe it.  It makes a lot of other tracks look like a farm-field drag strip.  I'll keep everyone posted.
Bob Martin, Cincinnati  cell: 513-706-1971
bob.flash.martin@gmail.com 

yalincoln
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
good work bob!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
Bob Martin
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)Normally aspirated (31 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
To All Y-Blocks, Friends of Y-Blocks, and 1957Ford.com owners, attached is a PDF of the Event at Norwalk, OH, June 11-14, 2015.  It details:
Track, Location, Event Title, Brackets 1,2,3,4 & Y-Block, Day Schedules Thurs-Sun, Entry Fees & Payouts.  It also includes notes about the Track and its state-of-the-art equipment, that it also has judged Show & Shine, plus Swaps, in addition to the track events.  I've also included a PDF of a map to the Track.

I'll be expanding information about Motels and rooms available in case we can congregate like we do at Columbus.  Time is relatively short to reserve rooms, but there are a bunch within each other within 5-miles from the track.  Websites for more information are www.nmradigital.com/OH and www.sumitmotorsportspark.com.  Note that Summit Motorsports Park phone number, 419-668-5555 has a live human Mon-Fri, 8-5 except Holidays.

My contact information is also listed on the Up-Date PDF.   Bob Martin, Cincinnati
Attachments
Norwalk_YBF_final-Up-date.pdf (392 views, 49.00 KB)
Norwalk_Map(1).pdf (329 views, 100.00 KB)
hjh
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
A few thoughts on the Norwalk race. It sounds like the Pro Media is welcoming the Y-Blockers to Summit Motor Sports for the NMRA race.The want to put us on the spectators side which is fine for show cars,but not for race cars. Grass, not pavement if you happen to need to work under car,not as easy to get in lanes [maybe for our shoot out but not for their brackets] .We are paying to run their brackets so we may as well make the best of it. Track concessions are on pit side,which are good especially the Ice Cream ,some time long lines, hot dog trailers on spectators side.Showers on pit side which are good track showers, if staying over nite there.One more thing the tech person may not find us, if they still do roving tech of the race cars. I think if we let them know when we get there they would let us on pit side,there sure is enough paved pit at Norwalk. Just my opinion let me know Thanks      Harry Hutten
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Bob,
This looks like its going to be a good event. If you could only choose one would it be Norwalk or Columbus? It looks like I'm going back to Bonneville again this year and will be a little tight on money. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Chuck,

Columbus is a great meet, but if I could only go to one this year it would be Norwalk. They always put on a great meet, will be a lot of Fords there and a big swap meet. Although I keep hearing from a lot of racing people I know that Columbus is trying hard to bring that meet back to it glory days. We'll see but it's going to take a few years to get it going again. A friend told me swap spaces at Columbus this year are only $ 40.00 a spot. That shoes me that they are trying to get people back.

Larry Short 
carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Roger Gustin is the promoter of the expo this year so maybe he will get it turned around   Carl
Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Carl,

Roger is a Ford Guy. I understand He's trying to talk to Ford, Mustang and other clubs to get them interested in coming to the meet.
He'll do a great job.

Larry Short
carl
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Larry Short (5/28/2015)
Carl,

Roger is a Ford Guy. I understand He's trying to talk to Ford, Mustang and other clubs to get them interested in coming to the meet.
He'll do a great job.

Larry Short
they are trying to get Charlie Crites back,probably as a vendor  though Carl

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Carl, Maybe Bob could be convinced to set up too. I talked to him today and finally got the proper rear seal bought. Should have it soon. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter