Profile Picture

GOODBYE COLUMBUS

Posted By Lord Gaga 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
The Columbus meet has been going downhill for years now. It's a shame, but that's the fact! Does anyone here remember when the Ford meet was held in Xenia Ohio at Kil-Kare Raceway? If so, you'll remember how nice it was. Xenia is a swell little town with good accommodations and a great 1/4 mile strip. A real plus was the oval track nearby for Saturday evening entertainment!
  Will the honcho in charge look into the possibility of moving the shootout to Kil-Kare???

http://www.kilkare.com/

"FREE SAMPLE"
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
It's just a little bit closer for me, so I wouldn't mind that move.  Do they have some sort of general events that all Y blocks would fit in?  That's what is good about Ford Expo, anything can run, as long as it is Ford powered.  It's not some specific points race or even a nostalgia race, where many of the Y-Powered vehicles that typically show up at Columbus could not compete because they are not period correct.  I've heard talk of moving to a Nostalgia event but that just wouldn't work for everyone, unless some sort of exemption could be had for those only running in the Y Shootout.

I think Columbus will get better.  Last year was terrible, but it was really the track's fault, since the Mustangs got out and from what I understand, they are going to try harder this year.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Their schedule shows them closed Labor Day weekend. Didn't look too long but do the have a nostalgia meet on a different date. If we take a look at our guys from the furthest west and east where does the middle fall and whats available in that region? I'll do some searching too. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Omaha is about the center, between 1600 and 1700 miles from Maine, Miami, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle.

I like that others meets have begun to pop up.  That way, everyone can participate in something that may be a little closer to home.  I think growing the regional events will be best.  More central might draw more, different people, but others may stop going all together.

Lawrenceville, GA
Larry Short
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If their schedule shows they are closed that could be part of the problem. People plan early for the racing year. If they don't think the track is open they'll
plan and go some where else. If they could get some of the local Ford, Mustang, Mercury clubs involved in the racing and show it would help. When Charles Crites ran the meet it was always packed. They have to do something to make people want to come back, lower prices to race, show car and swap meet spaces would be a start. 

Larry Short 
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Kil-Kare is closed for Labor Day.  Columbus, National Trail, is open for Ford Expo, like normal.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Charlie, I meant about 1/2 way between Illinois and New Hampshire. The western folks don't often make the trip. Although more central might bring them more often. Bowling Green isn't bad for both groups. Also the track in Pittsburgh. It would be really great to hook up with the All Ford guys but if that won't work a nostalgia or nostalgia gasser meet. As far as the other Ohio tracks I'm sure Bob Martin is familiar with them and knows where we might fit. Maybe we could grab a weekend and do a pre 70 Ford show and include a "heads up" class or two. ??

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Canadian Hot Rodder
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Since we are on the topic, Bob Martin has talked to me in the past and lately about an event up in Canada. How many of you guys would be willing to cross the border and race up here? There is a track called Toronto Motor Sports park in Cayuga. It is about an hour north of Niagara falls Buffalo. They have an all Ford even there, might be worth inquiring if I could show enough interest from US racers? 

I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning!

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rob, I actually looked at Toronto with the same thoughts but of there is the passport requirement but that's not a major issue. Chuck

Y's guys rule!

Jimz Bird
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)Supercharged (221 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Just a thought.
Has there been any consideration of someplace in North Carolina for an East Coast Regional?
That is fairly central on the East Coast.

Jim
Norfolk, VA

http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Uploads/Images/9637da2e-2f28-4c4a-8dea-1636.jpg
"MABLE"
1956 Thunderbird Green / Brown Interior (ZE-XG)

"MEAN GREEN"
1956 Mainline (FG-BE)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter