Profile Picture

'62 Slick 3/4 ton "Monster Hauler" build

Posted By Lancer 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)Supercharged (502 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Wow, what a clean install. I have both the small bolt pattern and a larger bolt pattern bell housing. I have a smaller one I had planned on putting a toploader behind for the 56 Gasser I'm building. The larger is on the truck currently. I've read the smaller pattern works with the top loader but that version of the four speed is a weaker version of the trans, so I've been going back and forth what to do there. I'm on a tight deadline to get the gasser to Eagle Field in Oct to run it. But, I need to sort out the truck too with more gears. I think it has 4:56 or 4:88s in it now. Crazy low gears and the original granny four speed are killing me.
Would love to talk more about options. Thanks for the info, look forward to figuring this out. Lance

FORD DEARBORN (2/1/2018)
Nice work on the Unibody. In response to a 5 speed install, I'll try to post a few pics of what I did in another send. It's a modified T5 from a 1990 Mustang GT.  My goal was NOT to modify the bell housing by boring/welding in place, threaded bushings. My truck's bell had the close/narrow trans bolt pattern so therefore, there was an off-the-shelf adapter available from Modern Drive Line and other vendors. Compensating for the additional inch of the adapter, I used an input shaft and retainer from a 95 Mustang T5. (The 95 Mustang has a deeper bell to move the shifter further rearward.) Since the Mustang T5 puts the shifter to where it's almost touching the seat, Modern Drive Line also produces a very nice quality tail housing for the Ford T5 with the shifter positioned about 3"? forward. The flywheel is from Mummert so it was drilled for the Ford clutch and also the Mustang clutch. John also produces a bearing hub for the occasion. I'm trying to remember all this as best I can recall. I did have to search for the thowout bearing, however.  If you wish, send me a PM.  Hope this helps, JEFF...........................   I tried to post all the pics in one envelope but for some reason I couldn't.

www.speednchrome.com
Facebook
Instagram
jecklhyde
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)Turbocharged (53 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Serious work.  Lotta sweat and hours.  Good job. Both counts.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter