Profile Picture

1960-64 Ford parts books

Posted By '60 Fairlane 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
About 2 or 3 years ago reprints of the text and illustrated parts books were available from venders like Faxon Auto Literature. Now that I'm ready to spend the money all I find are the CD version.

Anyone know where the paper version is still available, or will I need to start watching the action site? Thanks, I'm sure the electronic version is fine, but I know how to use the original paper and prefer it.
-Dave.
NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Use the Search function on eBay Motors to see the following used offerings of the two volume 1960-1964 Ford Illustration and Text Catalogs...

Item # 400664565330  (3 presently watching)
Item # 131435302809  (nobody presently watching, but seller is asking more money)

Hope this helps.  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
'60 Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)

Thanks, I'm a points and condenser type guy and this electronic world we now live in is wonderful. But, trying to find my way around it still confuses at times. I'll take a look and see what I can find. -Dave.
NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Here's a 1969 reprint of the 1960 - 1964 Ford Illustration Catalog on eBay... 3 copies sold, 1 still available   
Search eBay number 261679259396

Read the seller's description.  Price is $40 plus shipment...

Hope this helps.  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I'm not familiar with this source...
Google this address on the Internet...  price is attractive... $25.00 for the 1960 - 1964 Ford Text Catalog... appears to be a used original...

https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/9033320/1960-1964-ford-car-parts-accessories-text-catalog

Hope this helps.  Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
'60 Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Noshortcuts, thank you again. Obviously they are out there and you've given me several leads to follow up on. If I can't get a copy it's my own falt.

There are a few parts I'm needing for my sixty and having a part number, or two, help when searching the nos vendors.

Maybe next time I'll bug you guys with a real Y-Block question!
NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Your initial comments regarding the lack of availability of the 1960 - 1964 Ford Illustration and Text Catalogs were quite correct, Dave.

Like you, I prefer the paper repair manuals and parts catalogs to the CD versions.  Faxon has been an excellent source of quality reproduced Ford literature previously.  When I went looking for both reprinted AND original used copies of what you were asking about, I sent you EVERYTHING I found.  That said, there wasn't much available!

IF you want the '60-'64 Ford parts catalogs you inquired about, I encourage you to pick them up now.
Best wishes,

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
'60 Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Just wanted to let you all know that I took NoShortcuts advice and got the parts books now. I've avoided the auction sites, in the past, they remind me of shopping in Tijuana -LOL! Anyway I first set up a Paypal account, then signed up on Ebay and when I got home from work yesterday the books were waiting for me. Thanks again, all. -Dave.
Rusty_S85
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I went the CD route, mainly cause it takes up less room than the books and I have enough books as it is on my projects.  Secondly all the hardback reprints I was finding was $200 a piece and I couldn't justify spending $400 for the illustration and parts book as they didn't sell them in package sets but individually.  Plus you can print the pages out and if they get damaged print another one out.

I have a black 3 ringed binder that holds every single page of the illustration guide that pertains to my '56 and all I have to do is just start up the parts guide and look up the part number if I ever need it.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

'60 Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rusty, I thought about the CD version, but guess I'm just old enough that I prefer real, physical things that can be held in the hand. Besides no electricity required to use a book and best of all easier to use than microfiche. Plus these books are drilled, they may wind up in my catalog rack, if I take them off my desk. Finally Rusty, if these parts books had been as expensive as the ones you were looking at, I probably would still just be wanting. -Dave.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter