Profile Picture

56 Ranch Wagon Rear Shocks

Posted By Rono 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks everyone. I think the Gabriel Highjackers are a good rear shock option regardless of what I decide to do with the rear leaf springs.
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

Rono
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Thanks everyone. I think the Gabriel Highjackers are a good rear shock option regardless of what I decide to do with the rear leaf springs.
Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

glrbird
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Everybody likes pictures, you should post what your fixing on the wagon.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Rono
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hey Gary;
Right now on the Ranch Wagon Project, we are just gathering up all the parts. New radiator, front cross member, shocks, ball joints control arm bushings, C4 tranny, 9" rear and the big purchase, front disk brake conversion which we have not yet purchased.. I just replaced the front wheel cylinders so my wife can drive the car locally around town. She loves driving it! Once we get all the parts, I'll be putting the wagon up for a couple of months and doing it all at once.
I have been working on the exhaust for the coupe and do have pictures, but also have a new computer and I'm having problems retrieving pictures so I can post them. I'll work on that.
Rono

glrbird
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I here ya brother, my new dell computer is a month old and still in the box. almost afraid of all the issues that may develope from it.
Maybe this weekend.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Rono
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Gary;
That's funny...my new lap top is a Dell also with the touch screen. Having a real hard time using it since I've used the mouse for so long. Got the picture thing figured out and just posted some pictures of the coupe exhaust on the "This and That" thread.
Rono

Louis Champeau
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
At one time you could buy overload springs that bolted over the shocks, I used them on my 56 Crown because I displayed my 64B with a 57 Glasspar boat on a trailer at shows.
PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Just a note on rear shocks for 55-56 & 57 cars  (don't know if it applies to station wagons?)  Some shocks listed for our cars by companies like Gabriel & possibly one or two others, are actually a bit shorter than desirable. Some users, including myself, have found that tire changing clearance is insufficient or marginal. On my 57 I ended up disconnecting the shock & installing extra washers inside, to try to get a bit more clearance.
edit: the ones I had a problem with were KYBs  Sorry, # not available.

Paul
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Same thing for wagons also. I just replaced the rear shocks on my wagon with KYB 5517's and they were an 1 1/2 shorter. An easy fix is to get shock extenders. A set is only around $14. I'll let you know how they work soon.

Durham Missouri
Rono
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Can you give me a name or part# for the shock extenders?
Rono

Reading This Topic

Site Meter