Profile Picture

Let's see those F.E.D. and ALTERED pics!!!

Posted By babor 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I just hope I can get the Velvet drive trans to work!
babor
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)

AWESOME!!! No zoomies??? I think I'm still gonna do a rail just because. I'll just pad that seat really well!!!
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 41 minutes ago
looks like it.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
So you can measure the performance by altitude of the front wheels? Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Here are a couple of pics of my roadster.  The top picture is the older version with the iron headed 337” while the lower picture is the latest version with the aluminum heads.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9a756dfa-6c22-44fe-b7f9-bc49.jpg 
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/cea5d77f-6721-4919-9364-9512.jpg

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

babor
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

As well as the Warner Velvet Drive trans and the trailer that needs to be modified.
babor
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

babor
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

That is definitely helpful info! My back is already wiped out! Looks like I'm going to be doing an altered after all. Thank you for the insight. This is what I have so far...lol
Hollow Head
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Speaking of wheel hop... Here is a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np99s85e8WQ
We have had to set the rev limiter to 4800 rpm because of our converter stall speed being about 5000 rpm and turbos need to spool up. Little hard for the converter...

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
My car now has a torsion suspension on the front axle. It was not a conscious decision based on any knowledge, but just happened to be the easiest way to attach it to the frame. This car originally had a strut front suspension which was solid..One thing to think about with a solid suspension car is that they DO transfer every bump right to your spine.. The guy I bought mine from sold it because his back could not take the pounding on his rough home track.  I have been in some shut down areas and return roads where the rear wheels bounce off the ground. I have hit my head on the roll bar more than once LOL.. Because Altereds are shorter WB chassis and tend to be stiffer they do not dampen the bumps like a long dragster chassis would.. Another thing to consider is that hardtail chassis are made to take obscene horsepower and still hook the tires.. Lower power engines have a hard time hitting the tire violent enough to make them deform and hook like they are designed.  What happens is that the tire acts like a spring winding and unwinding causing severe wheel hop.. Believe me  in a soild chassis car that gets your attention!  NHRA says you need a chute when you run 150.. With rear brakes only I would say 140.  I have been on tracks with short shutdown areas where I had to get on the brakes really hard to slow down for the turn off

Reading This Topic

Site Meter