Profile Picture

312 Interceptor F.E.D. questions regarding transmission options.

Posted By babor 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

312 Interceptor F.E.D. questions regarding transmission options.

Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)Supercharged (167 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I am thinking about converting an old reverse rotation marine Interceptor engine to CCR and powering a front engine dragster with it. Has anybody on here ever heard of using the Borg Warner marine Velvet drive transmission for automotive use??? I read somewhere that that was basically like the old nostalgia in and out boxes from the 50s and 60s. I know I would have to couple it with a clutch and am also open to ideas for a cost efficient clutch system. Not too much horsepower, naturally aspirated and a budget build. Just wanna drive my own hand fabbed F.E.D. at the local 1/8 mile track.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post 312 Interceptor F.E.D. questions regarding transmission options. By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Don't know how much torque those Borg Warners can stand? It's a bit... By Hollow Head ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Cool! Thank you. I've seen that on YouTube. By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hoosier Hurricane and I both run the FMX version in our Fcodes withiut... By pegleg ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post ... By Hollow Head ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Mine will be making around 350-400hp in a F.E.D. weighing somewhere in... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]babor (1/4/2015)[/b][hr] Looking at the specs on the... By The Master Cylinder ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Jep, just make couple of kids before even trying... After that it... By Hollow Head ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post 350 - 400 hp is quite lot from budget build. By LordMrFord ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is how my FED rear end has a 1/4" strap over the gear. I'm... By Larry Short ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Have you build your F.E.D. frame yet or do you have a old one? If so... By Larry Short ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Will be fabricating my own chassis. I have done quite a bit of welding... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I may be anticipating a little much from the little engine. I have a... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Larry, that is cool! Any more pics??? By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is what it looked like when I got it a few years ago. It's a... By Larry Short ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Larry Short (1/8/2015)[/b][hr] ......... Anyone with any... By Ted ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Ted, I was thinking about that too but there is no battery in... By Larry Short ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post There are really small, light and powerful lithium batteries for... By charliemccraney ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's what I was thinking to. Or I 'm trying to look for a small belt... By Larry Short ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Electric pump would be my idea. Are you running it on gas or alcohol?... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm running gas, I was thinking about running Alky but all my other... By Larry Short ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I talked to my machinist last night and told him what I was building.... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Trust me, 292 or even 312 hp don't bring you low tens at quarter mile.... By Hollow Head ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Not concerned as much with the speed of it as much as just having fun... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Do you know the ratios of the velvet drive? Does it have a fluid... By RB ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post 1:1 ratio. I was going to run about a 514 gear with about a 28"x10"... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post OK, so I thought about this during dinner and had to dig out my book... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hollow Head, What are your power numbers (if you don't mind my... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post In 2008 we ran with single turbo, 0.7 bar pressure, stock truck rods... By Hollow Head ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post That's awesome! I am going to run naturally aspirated with the... By babor ( 9 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter